The 16th Annual FLABOTA Convention has been set for July 11-14 at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club in St. Petersburg.
“Join us for three days of reflection, education, networking, camaraderie, war stories, and fun for which FLABOTA conventions are known,” said C. Howard Hunter, president of the Florida Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
As part of the three-day event, FLABOTA holds a day-long educational seminar. This year’s program is titled “Issues and Innovations in Trial Practice and Discovery” and runs from 8:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., July 12 and is geared toward judges and plaintiffs and defense trial attorneys.
Topics will include:
* 21st Century Demonstrative Evidence: An Update on Animation, Simulation, and Understanding of Medical Issues Benefitting Judges and Lawyers.
* Electronic Discovery and Electronic Forensics: A Primer for Judges and Lawyers on Technology and Comment on Mediation.
* Summary Jury Trials – Why They Are Gathering National Momentum.
* Ethics Issues for Bench and Bar.
* Developing the Appellate Record: The Responsibility of Bar and Bench.
* Ying v. Yang — Controversies in Trial and Discovery.
The convention also offers receptions, lunches, dinners, FLABOTA’s Annual Awards Banquet, and golf tournament, among other activities.
For more information or to register visit www.flabota.org or contact Alison Pruitt, FLABOTA’s executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 802-4310.