Each year, the Supreme Court of Florida and The Florida Bar give special recognition to lawyers, groups, and a member of the judiciary who have freely given their time and expertise in making legal services available to the poor.
The pro bono service awards ceremony will be held at the Florida Supreme Court in Tallahassee at 3:30 p.m., Thursday, January 31, 2013. Nominations must be received by November 12.
Nomination forms are available at www.floridabar.org for these award categories:
* The Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award, which recognizes extraordinary contributions in assuring the availability of legal services to the poor.
* The Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, given to an outstanding attorney residing in each of the state’s 20 judicial circuits and to an outstanding attorney among the out-of-state Florida Bar members.
* The Florida Bar’s Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Service Award, given to the division member who best exemplifies the highest ideals of public service.
* The Chief Justice’s Law Firm Commendation, which recognizes a firm that has demonstrated a significant contribution in the provision of pro bono legal services.
* The Chief Justice’s Voluntary Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award.
* The Distinguished Judicial Service Award, given for outstanding and sustained service to the public, especially as it relates to support of pro bono legal services.
For additional information, contact Bar public information coordinator Dorohn A. Frazier at The Florida Bar, (850) 561-5764 or email@example.com.