Out of almost 700 applicants, The Florida Bar has nominated 156 lawyers for 52 upcoming vacancies on Florida’s 26 judicial nominating commissions.
The Bar Board of Governors, at its May 23 meeting, nominated six lawyers for the two vacancies on each of the JNCs. Gov. Rick Scott will make the final appointments for the four-year terms, which begin July 1. In addition to the appointments made from Bar nominations, Scott will directly appoint one additional member to each of the nine-member JNCs.
Board of Governors member Mary Ann Morgan headed up the effort to review the JNC applicants, and she noted almost half of the board members served on screening committees which review the applicants and recommended six lawyers for each of the JNCs.
Bar President Eugene Pettis had appealed to Bar members to apply for the JNC posts so the Bar would have a large pool from which to select diverse and qualified applicants. After his appeal, the number of applicants increased from around 180 to almost 700.
Those nominated are:
* Supreme Court JNC: Cynthia Angelos of Port St. Lucie, Robert A. Butterworth of Hollywood, Linda B. Edwards of Tallahassee, Manuel A. Reboso of Miami, Hala A. Sandridge of Tampa, and Robert C.L. Vaughan of Ft. Lauderdale.
* First District Court of Appeal JNC: Ginger B. Boyd of Destin, Timothy M. Cerio of Tallahassee, Thomas S. Edwards, Jr., of Jacksonville, Karla D. Ellis of Tallahassee, Michael R. Freed of Jacksonville, and Michael J. Glazer of Tallahassee.
* Second DCA JNC: David M. Caldevilla of Tampa, Theodore C. Eastmoore of Sarasota, Henry G. Gyden of Tampa, Melton H. Little of Bradenton, E. Blake Paul of Lakeland, and Dawn Siler-Nixon of Tampa.
* Third DCA JNC: Jeffrey S. Bass of Miami, Juan C. Enjamio of Miami, Eric A. Hernandez of Miami Shores, Regine Monestime of Miami, Mindy Lee Pallot of Miami Beach, and Peter Prieto of Miami.
* Fourth DCA JNC: Richard C. Hutchinson of Boca Raton, Paul O. Lopez of Boca Raton, Burnadette Norris-Weeks of Ft. Lauderdale, Todd S. Payne of Plantation, Kara B. Rockenbach of Singer Island, and Glenn J. Waldman of Weston.
* Fifth DCA JNC: Cynthia B. Beissel of Ormond Beach, Carsandra D. Buie of Sanford, Michael E. Marder of Windermere, Heather A. Owen of Ponte Vedra, Carrie Ann Wozniak of Orlando, and Melvin B. Wright of Orlando.
* First Circuit JNC: Bruce P. Anderson of Niceville, Michael J. Griffith of Pensacola, Kristin D. Hual of Pensacola, Karl W. Labertew of Pace, Dana C. Matthews of Santa Rosa Beach, and Joseph A. Zarzaur, Jr., of Pensacola.
* Second Circuit JNC: Garnett W. Chisenhall, Jr., Erik M. Figlio, Christi Gray, Kelly A. O’Keefe, David Switalski, and Melissa Van Sickle, all of Tallahassee.
* Third Circuit JNC: Carey D. Carmichael, Jr., of Lake City, Sandra K. Haas of McAlpin, John J. Kendron of Lake City, Teresa B. Morgan of White Springs, Adam J. Luther Morrison of Live Oak, and Ernest A. Sellers of Live Oak.
* Fourth Circuit JNC: Henry G. Bachara, Jr., Amanda Baggett, Howard C. Coker, Dexter V. Davis, and William E. Kuntz, all of Jacksonville, and Michael S. Mullin of Fernandina Beach.
* Fifth Circuit JNC: Timothy S. Babiarz of Ocala, Donald C. Barbee, Jr., of Spring Hill, Anita R. Geraci-Carver of Clermont, Angela L. Jacobs of Dunnellon, Shanta N. Matthews of Ocala, and Charles K. Ruse, Jr., of Ocala.
* Sixth Circuit JNC: Brandon D. Bellew of Dunedin, Gary L. Davis of New Port Richey, Denis M. de Vlaming of Clearwater, Gregory H. Fisher of St. Petersburg, Chad M. Pilon of St. Petersburg, and Roland D. Waller of New Port Richey,
* Seventh Circuit JNC: Ivan K. Clements, Jr., of DeLand, Raymond S. Costantino of Ponte Vedra Beach, Aaron D. Delgado of Daytona Beach, Tance Roberts of St. Augustine, Michael S. Slick of Ormond Beach, and Raven E. Sword of Palm Coast.
* Eighth Circuit JNC: Mark A. Avera of Gainesville, Norm D. Fugate of Williston, Rebecca S. Mickholtzick of Gainesville, Michael S. Rywant of Gainesville, Kirstin J. Stinson of Gainesville, and Stuart S. Walker of Newberry.
* Ninth Circuit JNC: Mary A. Cox of Orlando, Denise Dong Im Kim of Maitland, Robert D. Holborn II of Kissimmee, Penelope B. Perrez-Kelly of Orlando, Diego Rodriguez of Maitland, and Meredith Sasso of Orlando.
* 10th Circuit JNC: Bettina N. Carrier, Mitchell D. Franks, Howardene Garrett, Timothy J. McCausland, Mark N. Miller, and Stephen R. Senn, all of Lakeland.
* 11th Circuit JNC: Hans Ottinot of Hialeah, Victoria Platzer of Coral Gables, Jeffrey A. Rynor of Miami Beach, Gilbert K. Squires of Miami Beach, Luis E. Suarez of Coral Gables, and Marva L. Wiley of El Portal.
* 12th Circuit JNC: Andrew R. Boyer of Sarasota, Kathi B. Halvorsen of Sarasota, Hunter G. Norton of Bradenton, Anthony J. Rolfes of Osprey, Varinia Van Ness of Sarasota, and AnneMarie Rizzo of Sarasota.
* 13th Circuit JNC: J. Carter Andersen, Stephen M. Barbas, Dorothy V. DiFiore, Patrick J. McNamara, Kamilah L. Perry, and John A. Schifino, all of Tampa.
* 14th Circuit JNC: Anthony W. Graham of Panama City, Beverly McAllister-Brown of Panama City Beach, Max W. McCord III of Lynn Haven, Herbert L. McFatter of Panama City, Natausha Samuels of Panama City, and Rolynda L. McArthur Scott of Panama City.
* 15th Circuit JNC: Rosalyn Baker-Barnes of Palm Beach Gardens, Sarah Cortvriend of Palm Beach, Alexcia L. Cox of Rivera Beach, Theodore J. Leopold of Palm Beach Gardens, Louis L. Mrachek of West Palm Beach, and Heidi M. Perlet of Boynton Beach.
* 16th Circuit JNC: Dustin Hunter of Key West, Carla M. Latrenta of Key West, Brittany N. Miller of Tavernier, Timothy N. Thomes of Key Largo, David Van Loon of Key West, and Donald E. Yates of Key West.
* 17th Circuit JNC: Sidney C. Calloway of Davie, Alreda D. Coward of Lauderhill, Jerry D. Hamilton of Ft. Lauderdale, D. David Keller of Plantation, Markenzy Lapointe of Miramar, and Alison Smith of Miramar.
* 18th Circuit JNC: Michael D. Cerasa of Longwood, Tenesia C. Hall of Sanford, Philip F. Nohrr of Indialantic, Andrew B. Pickett of Melbourne, Gary Siegel of Longwood, and Jeffrey S. Weiss of Longwood.
* 19th Circuit JNC: Christopher A. Gaston of Stuart, Robert J. Gorman of Ft. Pierce, Erin K. Grall of Vero Beach, Leslie M. Kroeger of Stuart, Jordan Wagner of Palm City, and Gregory S. Weiss of Hobe Sound.
* 20th Circuit JNC: John P. Cardillo of Naples, Amira Dajani Fox of Ft. Myers, Aaron A. Haak of Ft. Myers, Janette S. Knowlton of Punta Gorda, Steven G. Koeppel of Ft. Myers, and Sanjay Kurian of Ft. Myers.