Some are posting info on local circuit court websites, some are listing information in local bar association newsletters, one issued a public press release, and others are providing information as part of CLE courses.
Whatever the method, word is getting out that local professionalism panels, part of the statewide program to promote professionalism among Bar members, are up and running and that there are lawyers who belong to the local panels who are ready to field complaints and inquiries.
The Supreme Court last year, acting on the recommendation of its Commission on Professionalism, ordered each circuit to set up a panel under an administrative order from the local chief judge, and to set up procedures to handle professionalism complaints from judges, other lawyers, and the public about lawyer conduct.
The Bar’s Attorney-Consumer Assistance Program can also handle inquiries and complaints, although it’s expected the local panels will handle informally less serious matters, while ACAP will continue to handle more serious allegations that could result in disciplinary action for unprofessional conduct. (ACAP serves as the Bar’s central statewide intake for all formal grievances and also mediates minor disputes between attorneys and consumers.)
The Florida Bar’s Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism has compiled a list of contacts for each LPP for those who want to make a complaint or get more information. The list is also posted on the Bar’s website and will be regularly updated. Other information about professionalism, including the Supreme Court’s order setting up a system for resolving professionalism complaints, can be found at floridabar.org/professionalism.
Complaint forms and more information about each local panel are generally available on each circuit’s website and on some local bar association websites.
Here are the contacts for local professional-ism panels in the circuits throughout Florida:
* First Circuit: in Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties, Judge Ross Goodman, email@example.com; in Okaloosa and Walton Counties, Judge Patricia Grinsted, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Second Circuit: Larry Simpson, 850-222-6040, email@example.com.
* Third Circuit: Tina Seifert, 386-243-8247, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Fourth Circuit: Jacksonville Bar Association, 904-399-4486, www.jaxbar.org
* Fifth Circuit: Judge Sue Robbins, 352-401-7820, email@example.com; Grace Fagan, 352- 754-4860 or 352-253-1615, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sixth Circuit: North Pinellas County, Bob Dillinger, 727-464-6516, email@example.com, or Andrew Sasso, 727-725-4829, firstname.lastname@example.org; South Pinellas County, Lee Rightmyer, 727-821-7000, email@example.com; West Pasco County, Larry Hart, 727-847-2737, firstname.lastname@example.org; East Pasco County, Chip Mander, 352-567-0411, Arm4law@manderlawgroup.com.
* Seventh Circuit: Flagler County, Douglas Williams, 386-258-6700, email@example.com; Putnam County, Garry Wood, 386-326-3993, firstname.lastname@example.org; St. Johns County, Stephen Albert Faustini, 904-829-9066, email@example.com; Volusia County, R. Brooks Casey, 386-428-3311, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Eighth Circuit: Raymond F. Brady, 352- 373-4141, email@example.com.
* Ninth Circuit: Lisandra Acosta, 407-843-8880.
* 10th Circuit: K.C. Bouchillon, 863-533-5525, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 11th Circuit: Attn: Professionalism Panel, Lawson E. Thomas Courthouse Center, 30th Floor, 175 NW 1st Ave., Miami 33128.
* 12th Circuit: Office of the Court Administrator, Sarasota County, 941-861-7800.
* 13th Circuit: Judge Ashley B. Moody, 850- 276-2089; William Kalish, 813-223-2837, William.email@example.com.
* 14th Circuit: Chief Judge James B. Fensom, 850-914-6485.
* 15th Circuit: Joanne O’Connor, 561-659-3000.
* 16th Circuit: Holly Elomina, 305-295-3644.
* 17th Circuit: Kenneth Joyce, Ken.Joyce@lewisbrisbois.com.
* 18th Circuit: Chief Judge John Harris, 321- 617-7287.
* 19th Circuit: George W. Bush, Jr., 772- 287-4444, firstname.lastname@example.org; Thomas Genung, 772) 807-4370, email@example.com.
* 20th Circuit, Michael Randolph, 239-598-3601; firstname.lastname@example.org.