A September 15 story about an effort to promote lawyer civility and a more uniform standard of professional courtesy across South Florida listed only 24 of the 35 South Florida voluntary bar associations that have signed a joint resolution to promote the Florida Supreme Court’s amended Oath of Attorney Admission.
The amended oath adds a pledge of civility in all written and oral communications to opponents and the court.
The participating bars not mentioned in the original story include:
* South Asian Bar Association of Florida;
* Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach County Chapter;
* Broward County Christian Lawyers Association;
* Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter;
* Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Miami Chapter;
* Gwen S. Cherry Black Lawyers Association;
* Haitian Lawyers Association;
* American Board of Trial Advocates, Ft. Lauderdale Chapter;
* Florida Association for Women Lawyers;
* Indian River County Bar Association;
* Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Court, Broward County Chapter.
“It is important to remind new and experienced attorneys alike that they are professionals first, and are obligated to treat the court and opponents with respect at all times,” said Adam Rabin, president of the Palm Beach County Bar.