The Underwater Bar Association (The DiveBar) recently swore in new officers, including David Black of Ft. Lauderdale, who will serve as president.
Black is a PADI and NAUI scuba instructor.
“The new officers of The DiveBar will bring a tremendous amount of energy and productivity to the group,” said Bob Kelley, a DiveBar founder and board member.
“The board looks forward to their contributions as DiveBar enters its second year and continues to grow.”
The members of The DiveBar chosen to take the new roles are:
* Howard Allen Cohen, treasurer. He is a PADI divemaster and a boating safety instructor with the United States Power Squadron.
* Jonathan Cohen, vice president of membership. Cohen is an SSI and PADI advanced open water diver.
* Sandor Miller, vice president of law school relations. Miller is a law student at Nova Southeastern University and is a PADI scuba instructor.
* Anita Paoli, vice president of CLE. Paoli is a PADI open water diver.
* Jennifer Rosinski, vice president of communications. Rosinski is a PADI advanced open water diver.
* Harry Tapias, vice president of marine & environmental awareness & education. Tapias is a YMCA open water diver.
* Lindsey Tenberg, vice president of local dives. Tenberg is a PADI open water diver.
* Heather Weeter, vice president of destination dives. Weeter is a PADI divemaster.
* Oliver Wragg, corporate secretary. Wragg is a PADI advanced open water diver.
The DiveBar, founded in 2011, is the only bar association of its kind in the United States. Its membership consists of legal professionals from around the country who love to dive and who are committed to environmental, educational, and philanthropic goals.