The Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents Annual Outstanding Past Voluntary Bar President Award
The Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents Outstanding Past Voluntary Bar President Award affords recognition to former voluntary bar association presidents who have continued to offer important service to the bench, bar and public. The award serves as a continuing monument to the dedication of voluntary bar leaders. It also serves to emphasize the importance of the close liaison between The Florida Bar and voluntary bar associations.
Any past voluntary bar president in good standing with The Florida Bar who has remained active in local bar work through continuing contribution is eligible for nomination with the following exceptions: the immediate past president of The Florida Bar, the current president and president-elect of The Florida Bar, the current members of the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar and the current officers and directors of the Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents. In judging nominees, emphasis will be placed on service within the last 10 years.
Judges for the competition will be the executive board of the Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents.
The Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents Outstanding Past Voluntary Bar President Award will be given during the Council’s reception during The Florida Bar’s Annual Meeting in June.
1. Nominations will be in the form of typewritten biographies not to exceed three pages on 8 1/2 x 11 white paper. All other attachments should not exceed five pages.
2. All entries should have a cover page with the following information:
* nominee’s name and mailing address
*name of voluntary bar of which nominee was president
* date of nominee’s presidency
* name, address and phone number of person(s) submitting nomination
3. All entries should be mailed to: The Florida Bar, Maria Johnson, Voluntary Bar Liaison, 651 E. Jefferson St., Tallahassee, Florida
4. All entries must be received by April 29,2011.