The Florida Bar
JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION SEVENTEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 4, 2013
CONTACT: Fred E. Karlinsky, Chair,
Seventeenth Judicial Circuit
Kevin P. Tynan, Vice Chair
Terrence P. O’Connor
Georgette Sosa Douglass
William G. McCormick
Belinda M. Keiser
Reggie P. Zachariah, Jr.
NOTICE OF JUDICIAL VACANCY-INSTRUCTIONS
As a result of the resignation of Judge Eileen M. O’Connor, there is a vacancy created on the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court, in and for Broward County, Florida.
- An original and nine (9) copies of the application;
- A recent photograph should be attached to the original and each copy.
- All letters of recommendation in your possession that you wish the Commission to consider. However, these letters may also be sent as supplements to each member of the Commission, after the application is submitted;
- Copies of the applicant’s completed Federal Income Tax returns for the preceding (3) years OR current financial statement and financial history.
- Any additional information which you feel may be helpful to the Commission in assessing your qualifications.
- 1. Judicial applicants for this one (1) Circuit Court vacancy must be received by 5 p.m. on Thursday, January 2, 2014 at the following location:
c/o Fred Karlinsky, Esq.
Colodny, Fass Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb, P.A.
One Financial Plaza – 23rd Floor
100 Southeast Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33394
Applicants delivered after the deadline WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. All applicants must have been members of the Florida Bar for at least five (5) years, electors of the State of Florida, and be residents of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit prior to taking office.
4. It is suggested that you submit your application as soon as it is prepared and well before the deadline.
5. After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will determine which applicants to interview. If you are to be interviewed, you will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location.
6. The interviews will be conducted on Friday, January 17, 2014 starting at 1:30pm at the Broward County Bar Association Office.
7. As you know, all proceedings of the Commission are open to the public except for deliberations. Accordingly, you should not expect your application and/or information to be kept confidential.
8. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
9. If there is any question about the applications process, please contact Fred Karlinsky, at the address indicated in No. 1 above.