The Florida Bar
NOTICE OF JUDICIAL VACANCY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 16, 2012
CONTACT: Terrence P. O'Connor, Chair,
Seventeenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
TELEPHONE: 954-728-8585; email@example.com
As a result of the resignation of County Judge Lisa von Tefs, there is a vacancy on the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court in and for Broward County, Florida.
1. Judicial applications for this one (1) County Court vacancy must be received before 5 p.m. on Friday, March 9, 2012, at the following location:
c/o Terrence P. O'Connor, Esq.
Morgan, Carratt & O'Connor, P.A.
111 S.E. 12th Street, Suite C
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Applications delivered after the deadline WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. All applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for at least five (5) years, electors of the State of Florida, and be residents of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit prior to taking office.
2. The Judicial Application (which can be downloaded from The Florida Bar website) must include:
• An original and ten (10) copies of the application;
• A recent photograph should be attached to the original and each copy;
• All letters of recommendation in your possession that you wish the Commission to consider. However, these letters may also be sent as supplements, after the application is submitted;
• Copies of the applicant’s completed Federal Income Tax returns for the preceding (3) years OR current financial statement and financial history.
Note: If you are practicing law as a professional association, your tax returns for the three (3) year period should include the tax returns for the professional association;
• Any additional information which you feel may be helpful to the Commission in assessing your qualifications.
3. Please organize these materials into an original and ten (10) copy sets.
4. It is suggested that you submit your application as soon as it is prepared and well before the deadline.
5. After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will determine which applicants to interview. If you are to be interviewed, you will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location.
6. As you know, all proceedings of the Commission are open to the public except for deliberations. Accordingly, you should not expect your application to be kept confidential.
7. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
8. If there is any question about the applications process, please contact Terrence P. O'Connor, at the address above.
EDITORS: Please note The Florida Bar is not an association and "Association" is not part of our name. Proper reference is "The Florida Bar." Local bar organizations are properly termed "associations."