The Florida Bar
FIFTH DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT OF JUDICIAL VACANCY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 14, 2013
CONTACT: Michael Marder, Chair, Fifth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission,
The Florida Bar
TELEPHONE: (407) 425-6559
As a result of the retirement of Judge Bruce W. Jacobus, there is a vacancy in The Fifth District Court of Appeal and the Judicial Nominating Commission has been asked to provide Gov. Rick Scott with nominees for the vacancy.
1) Judicial applications for this one (1) Fifth Judicial Court of Appeal vacancy must be received before 5 p.m. on March 4 at the following location:
c/o Michael E. Marder, Chair
Fifth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission
201 E. Pine Street, Suite 500
Orlando, FL 32801
Applications submitted after the deadline WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. All applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for at least ten (10) years, electors of the State of Florida and be residents of the Fifth District Court of Appeal prior to taking office.
2) The Judicial Application (which can be downloaded from the Florida Bar website www.flabar.org) must include:
3) After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will determine which applicants to interview. If you are to be interviewed, you will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location.
4) As you know, all proceedings of the Commission are open to the public except for deliberations. Accordingly, you should not expect your application to be kept confidential.
5) If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
6) If there is any question about the application process, please contact Michael E. Marder at the address above.
Michael E. Marder, Chair
April S. Kirsheman, Vice Chair
Todd E. Copeland
James Henry Richey
Lewis E. Dinkins
Lee G. Schmudde
Isaac J. Lidsky
Michael P. Beltran
Michael C. Sasso
Members of the bench, the Bar and the public are urged to contact the members of the Commission concerning applicants for judicial positions.
EDITORS: Please note The Florida Bar is not an association and "Association" is not part of our name. Proper reference is "The Florida Bar." Local bar organizations are properly termed "associations."