The Florida Bar
APPLICANT INTERVIEW DATE CHANGED FOR OFFICE OF CRIMINAL CONFLICT AND CIVIL REGIONAL COUNSEL FOR THE THIRD DCA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 14, 2011
CONTACT: Kathleen Shanahan, Chair,
Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission
TELEPHONE: (813) 397-1296
The Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission announces interviews for all applicants seeking the position in the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel, Third DCA region has been changed from October 14, 2011 to September 24, 2011. The office encompasses the geographic boundary of the Third District Court of Appeal.
By statute, the Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission will recommend three qualified applicants for each Regional Counsel position to Gov. Rick Scott, who will appoint the Regional Counsel subject to confirmation by the Florida Senate. The term of office is four years.
Interviews will be conducted in the law offices of Podhurst & Orseck, 25 W. Flagler Street, Suite 800, in Miami, Florida. For more information, please contact the Chair. The schedule is as follows:
(1) 8 a.m. --- Marie H. Kim
(2) 8:20 a.m. --- Robert Friedman
(3) 8:40 a.m. --- Russell A. Shepherd
(4) 9 a.m. --- Eugene F. Zenobi
(5) 9:20 a.m. --- Joseph P. George, Jr.
(6) 9:40 a.m. --- William Earl Ploss
(7) 10 a.m. --- Break
(8) 10:20 a.m. --- Abraham Laeser
(9) 10:40 a.m. --- Sky E. Smith
(10) 11 a.m. --- Roland Falcon
(11) 11:20 a.m. --- Steven Grossbard
(12) 11:40 a.m. --- Shari L. Vrod
(13) Noon --- Lunch Break
(14) 12:40 p.m. --- Gregory T. Brown
(15) 1 p.m. --- Ana Gomez-Mallada
(16) 1:20 p.m. --- Gena Lauren Cohen
(17) 1:40 p.m. --- Kevin J. Hellmann
(18) 2 p.m. --- John D. Bruhn
The members currently serving on the Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission are: Chair Kathleen Shanahan, Tampa; Vice Chair Cynthia Angelos, Port St. Lucie; Jason Unger, Tallahassee; Katherine W. Ezell, Miami; Martin Lee Garcia and Jeanne T. Tate of Tampa; Robert A. Butterworth, Jr., Fort Lauderdale; Alexander Murphee Clem, Orlando and Rutledge R. Liles, Jacksonville.
EDITORS: Please note The Florida Bar is not an association and "Association" is not part of our name. Proper reference is "The Florida Bar." Local bar organizations are properly termed "associations."