The Vote’s in YOUR COURT - Judicial Merit Retention
|On This Page
Official results of the 2014 elections are posted on the Division of Elections website.
Videos: Guide for Florida Voters, Judges & Judicial Elections
The Guide for Florida Voters: Questions and Answers about Florida Judges, Judicial Elections and Merit Retention has answers to questions such as:
- What is the difference between a county and circuit court judge and an appellate judge?
- Why is it important to vote in judicial elections and merit retention elections?
- What exactly does a judge do?
- Sources of authority and guidance regarding political activity by judges and judicial campaigns
- Frequently Asked Questions on Merit Retention
- Florida Bar Merit Retention Poll Results
- Poll shows support for appellate judges standing for retention - Sept. 15 Bar News
- League of Women Voters of Florida Voter Guide
- 1. In the upcoming general election, why am I being asked to vote "yes" or "no" on some District Court of Appeal judges? (Video YouTube 58 sec.)
3. How did Florida decide to use the merit retention election system and where can I learn more about it? (Video YouTube 1:08 min.)
|Merit Retention Election/2014|
Videos: Merit selection and Retention