Pro Bono Service Awards in Florida
Each year, the Florida Supreme Court and The Florida Bar give special recognition to lawyers, groups and a member of the judiciary who have freely given their time and expertise in making legal services available to the poor.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Florida Supreme Court at 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016.
The program for the Pro Bono Awards ceremony Jan. 28, 2016, at the Florida Supreme Court.
News releases with profiles and photos
BRUCE B. BLACKWELL TO RECEIVE 2016 TOBIAS SIMON PRO BONO SERVICE AWARD
21 FLORIDA LAWYERS WILL RECEIVE FLORIDA BAR PRO BONO AWARDS IN SUPREME COURT CEREMONY JAN. 28
JUDGE CATHERINE PEEK McEWEN TO RECEIVE DISTINGUISHED FEDERAL JUDICIAL SERVICE AWARD
JUDGE CYNTHIA L. COX TO RECEIVE DISTINGUISHED JUDICIAL SERVICE AWARD
DUANE MORRIS LLP LAW FIRM TO RECEIVE COMMENDATION FOR PRO BONO WORK
EIGHTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT BAR ASSOCIATION TO RECEIVE STATEWIDE PRO BONO AWARD
YOUNG ATTORNEY ELISA D’AMICO OF MIAMI TO BE HONORED FOR PRO BONO SERVICE
The Blue Book
Click here for a PDF of the 56-page booklet containing profiles and lists of past winners.
2015 nomination forms (Note: deadline has passed)
The Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award Nomination Form
- Presented annually by the chief justice to a lawyer to recognize extraordinary contributions in ensuring the availability of legal services to the poor. Named for the late Miami civil rights lawyer Tobias Simon, the award represents the Supreme Court's highest recognition of a private lawyer for pro bono service. All current recipients of The Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Awards are considered for this prestigious award, as are direct nominees who have demonstrated exemplary pro bono service over the course of their careers.
The Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award Past Recipients
The Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award Nomination Form
- This award is given to an outstanding attorney for each of the state's 20 judicial circuits and to an outstanding attorney among the out-of-state Florida Bar members.
President's Pro Bono Service Award Recipients by year
The Chief Justice’s Law Firm Commendation Nomination Form
- This statewide award, presented by the chief justice, recognizes a law firm that has demonstrated a significant contribution in the provision of pro bono legal services to individuals or groups that cannot otherwise afford the services. This award recognizes extraordinary commitment on the part of a law firm to provide access to the courts for all Floridians.
The Chief Justice's Law Firm Commendation Past Recipients
The Chief Justice's Voluntary Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award Nomination Form
- Presented by the chief justice, this award recognizes a voluntary bar association that has demonstrated a significant contribution in the delivery of legal services on a pro bono basis to individuals or groups that cannot otherwise afford the services. This award also recognizes an extraordinary commitment to provide access to the courts for all Floridians.
The Chief Justice's Voluntary Bar Pro Bono Service Award Past Recipients
The Florida Bar’s Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Service Award Nomination Form
- With nearly 26,000 members, the Young Lawyers Division includes all lawyers in good standing under age 36 and all new Florida Bar members of any age for their first five years in practice. The award is given to the division member who best exemplifies the highest ideals of public service.
YLD Pro Bono Service Award Past Recipients
The Distinguished Judicial Service Award Nomination Form
- Presented by the chief justice, this award is given for outstanding and sustained service to the public, especially as it relates to support of pro bono legal services.
Distinguished Judicial Service Award Past Recipients
The Distinguished Federal Judicial Service Award Nomination Form
- The purpose of this new award, to be presented by the chief justice, is to recognize an active or retired federal judge for outstanding and sustained service to the public, whether through legal or civic service or a combination of them, especially as it relates to the support of pro bono legal services.
For additional information, contact Mark Hohmeister, firstname.lastname@example.org, (850) 561-5764, or Karen Kirksey, email@example.com, (850) 561-5766.