Pro Bono Service Awards in Florida
Each year, the Florida Supreme Court and The Florida Bar give special recognition to lawyers, groups and a member of the judiciary who have freely given their time and expertise in making legal services available to the poor.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Florida Supreme Court at 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015.
Download photos of the 2014 winners.
1. News Release: The Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award - 2014 Winner
- Presented annually by the Chief Justice to an attorney to recognize extraordinary contributions in assuring the availability of legal services to the poor. Named for the late Miami civil rights lawyer Tobias Simon, the award represents the Supreme Court's highest recognition of a private lawyer for pro bono service. All current recipients of The Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Awards are considered for this prestigious award as are direct nominees who have demonstrated exemplary pro bono service over the course of their careers.
The Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award Past Recipients
2. News Release: The Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award - 2014 Winners
- This award is given to an outstanding attorney residing in each of the state's 20 judicial circuits and to an outstanding attorney among the out-of-state Florida Bar members.
3. News Release: The Chief Justice’s Law Firm Commendation - 2014 Winner
- This statewide award recognizes a law firm which has demonstrated a significant contribution in the provision of pro bono legal services to individuals or groups that cannot otherwise afford the services. This award recognizes extraordinary commitment on the part of a law firm to provide access to the courts for all Floridians.
4. News Release: The Chief Justice's Voluntary Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award - 2014 Winner
- Also presented by the Chief Justice, this award recognizes a voluntary bar association that has demonstrated a significant contribution in the delivery of legal services on a pro bono basis to individuals or groups that cannot otherwise afford the services. This award recognizes an extraordinary commitment to provide access to the courts for all Floridians.
5. News Release: The Florida Bar’s Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Service Award - 2014 Winner
- With nearly 26,000 members, the Young Lawyers Division includes all lawyers in good standing under age 36 and all new Florida Bar members of any age for their first five years in practice. The award will be given to the division member who best exemplifies the highest ideals of public service.
6. News Release: The Distinguished Judicial Service Award - 2014 Winner
- Presented by the Chief Justice, this award is presented for outstanding and sustained service to the public, especially as it relates to support of pro bono legal services. See past recipients of the Distinguished Judicial Service Award.
Distinguished Judicial Service Award Past Recipients
For additional information, contact Francine Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org, (850) 561-5834.