|Your Source for Law Office Management Advice and Assistance|
On This Page
Technology Resources and News
- More Technology resources
- Macs and iOS Resources
- What Florida Lawyers need to know about e-filing and e-service.
- Two free CLE courses on discovery: Electronic Discovery in Florida State Court: Navigating New Rules for New Issues and 2012 State of Electronic Discovery in the Federal Courts.
FREE LOMAS LPM CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION ON-LINE
- Order and view these free LOMAS online, on-demand CLE Courses through the 24/7 CLE Online website.
- Developing a Business Plan for the Start-up Law Firm
Electronic Discovery Practice in the Federal Courts
- Electronic Discovery in Florida State Court: Navigating New Rules for New Issues
Maintaining a TRUSTworthy Trust Account
- New Rule 2.526: Digital Accessibility of Documents Electronically Transmitted to Florida Courts
Professional Liability Insurance: Everything You Need to Ask
- Technology Planning for the New Law Practice
Working in the Cloud: It's the latest; it's the Greatest; Or Is It?
All LOMAS courses are approved for CLE course credits. If you prefer a DVD copy of an on-line course, please complete the LOMAS Order Form.
MORE LOMAS LPM CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION, EXCLUSIVELY ON DVD AT AFFORDABLE PRICES
- Lawyer as Employer DVD $50.00 LOMAS Order Form.
This two-part DVD set covers over 3 hours of practical, legal, and ethical aspects of law office employee management. Lawyers and law office staff must function as a team. Building an effective team starts with informed team leaders. From recruiting to termination, from FSLA wage & hour compliance to developing your own job descriptions, this DVD set with course materials, checklists and forms, is a valuable tool for every partner or law office manager tasked with managing support staff personnel. CLE Credits: 3 hours General credit, 2 of which can be Ethics credit; 2.5 hours Labor & Employment Certification credit.
Law Firm Financial Management for the Non-Financial Professional DVD $50.00 LOMAS Order Form.
This 2-hour introductory-level program helps lawyers, law firm support staff, and non-financial law firm managers raise their awareness of law firm economics and financial management. Law schools and paralegal schools do not teach financial management skills. Consequently, many lawyers and paralegals lack the financial management skills to prepare and manage case budgets, and to understand and analyze clients’ financial information. Lawyers establishing a new law practice need to understand financial reports to manage firm finances and daily operations. As lawyers strive to balance firm management with active caseloads, there is a greater need to understand financial information, particularly the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, owner’s equity statement, and cash flow statement. Decisions made without properly understanding the underlying financial implications may lead to reduced earnings (or even losses), layoffs, dissolutions, and improper client intake procedures. CLE Credits: 2 hours General credit.
- Starting Your Own Practice?
- Practice Management Book of the Month
Trust Accounting Using Quickbooks: The definitive guide for how to setup and maintain a compliant Trust Account using Quickbooks software. $65.00 Order from LOMAS using the LOMAS Materials Order Form.
Cloud Computing for Lawyers
Materials and Publications
Forms & Checklists
- Administrative Forms Handbook ONLINE (More than 100 sample administrative forms in Word format)
- Program Description
Contact LOMAS - Help Line
Other Law Office Management Resource Topics