The Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Association 2014-2015 Diversity Leadership Grants
Voluntary Bar Association 2014-2015 Diversity Leadership Grants
administered by the Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
2014-2015 Grant Applications
- The purpose of this voluntary bar association grant program is to support initiatives and programs which encourage diversity, diversity training and dialogue among lawyers in Florida through financial support of conferences, seminars, summits and symposia planned and hosted by local and specialty bar associations.
- Foster an inclusive environment in which lawyers, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability are motivated to succeed professionally and contribute to the goals of their profession; and/or
- Increase knowledge and awareness of diversity and cultural competency; and/or
- Increase participation, retention and representation in local and specialty voluntary bars; and/or
- Improve diversity in legal education, employment, the judiciary and The Florida Bar.
A total of $50,000 is available to award to voluntary bar associations with individual grants up to $1,500 and up to $3,000 to multiple voluntary bars working together on a project. Funding priority will be given to coalitions of local bar associations within circuits, districts or geographic regions of the state. Bar associations are limited to one application/project per year.
Grants will be awarded to underwrite multi-hour, half-day, full-day or multi-day diversity conferences designed to:
- Applicant must be voluntary bar associations headquartered and operating in Florida.
The project described in the grant application form and the request for funding must have received approval by the voluntary bar association’s governing board.
The project for which funds are requested must be educational in nature and open for attendance by Florida Bar members, legal paraprofessionals and Florida law school students.
- Please use the Voluntary Bar Association Diversity Leadership Grant Proposal format as provided when submitting your proposal.
2014-2015 Evaluation Form for Diversity Grant Program
Completed proposals must be submitted by email by clicking the submit button on page 2 of the application package and must be received on or before Monday, July 7, 2014, for consideration.
The Florida Bar
c/o Arnell Bryant-Willis, Diversity Initiatives Manager
651 East Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300