The Florida Bar
Center for Professionalism: (About) What does the Center do? What Does the Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism Do?
What does the Center do?
- Coordinates all Commission and Committee projects and activities
- Serves as a clearinghouse for research and information
- Coordinates volunteers for projects and programs
- Provides staff support for activities
- Serves as a research, writing and teaching resource for professionalism initiatives in Florida
- Reviews and approves all CLE applications for Professionalism credit
- Reviews and catalogs articles/reports/information on professionalism issues
- Provides resources and information on professionalism to members of the judiciary, the bar, law schools, local bar associations and other state bars
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter that focuses on professionalism in the legal profession
- Certifies and assists Certified Diversity Trainers
- Coordinates Commission and Committee retreats and meetings throughout the year
- Maintains and updates the Center’s website
Programs and Seminars presented by the Center include:
- Interactive Multi-media Professionalism Presentation for the Professionalism segment of Practicing with Professionalism seminar.
- Diversity Train-the-Trainer Workshop (2 days)
- Professionalism Workshop (a diversion program)