2015 Annual Florida Bar Convention
Join your colleagues at the 65th Annual Florida Bar Convention June 24- 27, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We hope you plan to attend the multiple CLE opportunities, Section and Committee meetings and special events including Judicial Luncheon and All Member Reception. Make your hotel reservations now at www.floridabar.org/annualconvention. Deadline approaching for Florida Bar Annual Convention Sponsor & Exhibitors.
Vote for The Florida Bar Board of Governors & YLD Board of Governors
Ballots for contested elections in the 7th Circuit and 11th circuit for Board of Governors, and in the 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th and 17th circuits for the Young Lawyers Board of Governors have been emailed or mailed to those eligible to vote. Bar members may vote online or by paper ballot. Instructions for electronic voting were included with the e-ballots and paper ballots. Votes must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) March 23rd. Candidates' platform statements are in the March 1 issue of The Florida Bar News.
The Florida Bar Journal
The March issue of The Florida Bar Journal is now available online, featuring articles on:
- Liability insurance and the "eight" corners rule
- Ch. 415 claims against hospitals
- First-party uninsured motorist bad-faith doctrine
- The Florida Bar's new Practice Resource Institute
- 15th Circuit - due March 20
The Florida Bar News
The March 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- Lawmakers talking civil legal access.
- Help for lawyers thinking about suicide.
- ‘Legal futurist’ to highlight Bar’s Annual Convention.
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
- Committee Seeks Non Lawyer Applicants for Board of Bar Examiners Seat - Deadline, March 27.
- May Appointments - Two Florida Board of Bar Examiner Lawyer Vacancies - Deadline, March 27.
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
RON FEIN: WHEN JUDGES DIAL FOR DOLLARSOpinion column by Ron Fein, legal director of Free Speech for People. He submitted an amicus brief in the case Williams-Yulee v. The Florida...
SCOTT TOUTS 'FLORIDA EXCEPTIONALISM' AS LEGISLATIVE SESSION CONVENESGov. Rick Scott opened the 2015 legislative session Tuesday [March 3] by talking about "Florida exceptionalism," encouraging lawmakers to cu...
FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE EXPANDED TO GAY SPOUSESFlorida workers who are gay and married in the state can now apply to their employers for leave to care for their spouses with a health cond...