2015 Annual Florida Bar Convention
Join your colleagues at the 65th Annual Florida Bar Convention June 24- 27, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We hope you plan to attend the multiple CLE opportunities, Section and Committee meetings and special events including Judicial Luncheon and All Member Reception. Make your hotel reservations now at www.floridabar.org/annualconvention. Deadline approaching for Florida Bar Annual Convention Sponsor & Exhibitors.
The Florida Bar News
The March 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- Lawmakers talking civil legal access.
- Help for lawyers thinking about suicide.
- ‘Legal futurist’ to highlight Bar’s Annual Convention.
The Florida Bar Journal
The March issue of The Florida Bar Journal is now available online, featuring articles on:
- Liability insurance and the "eight" corners rule
- Ch. 415 claims against hospitals
- First-party uninsured motorist bad-faith doctrine
- The Florida Bar's new Practice Resource Institute
We return to a series of iPad tips this week with lessons on how to take a screen shot, tap-select words or paragraphs and view all open apps ... For additional information on this tip and others, visit the Tech Tips page.
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
- Executive Director John F. Harkness, Jr., has announced a vacancy on the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar due to the election of Thirteenth Circuit board member William J. Schifino Jr. as President-elect Designate. Nominating petitions for the vacancy must be filed with the office of the Executive Director on or before 5 p.m., Monday, March 2, 2015.
- Committee Seeks Non Lawyer Applicants for Board of Bar Examiners Seat - Deadline, March 27.
- May Appointments - Two Florida Board of Bar Examiner Lawyer Vacancies - Deadline, March 27.
2015 Judicial Nominating Commission Vacancies - deadline March 2, 2015
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
SUPREME COURT DISCIPLINES 26 ATTORNEYSThe Florida Bar announced that the Florida Supreme Court in recent court orders disciplined 26 attorneys; disbarring four, suspending 17 and...
REFORMING THE BAR EXAM TO PRODUCE BETTER LAWYERSColumn by Ben Bratman, associate professor of legal writing at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Bratman writes about a recent ove...
BOCA RATON CRASH SPARKS FLORIDA SUPREME COURT RULING ON HIT-AND-RUNThe Florida Supreme Court Thursday [Feb. 26] upheld a January 2013 ruling from Florida's 4th District Court of Appeal overturning Zachariah ...