- 2nd DCA - due Jan. 30
- 17th Circuit - due Feb. 3
- 4th Circuit - due Feb. 11
- 1st DCA - due Feb. 11
- 13th Circuit - due Feb. 9
- The Florida Bar Seeks a Public Member to Serve on its Governing Board. Applications due Jan. 30.
- The Florida Bar Foundation is seeking applicants for six seats on its Board of Directors for terms starting July 2015 under the Florida Supreme Court-approved governance plan. Applications due Feb. 2.
- March appointments to be filled. Deadline for applications is Feb. 27.
2015 Judicial Nominating Commission Vacancies - deadline March 2, 2015
The Florida Bar News
The Feb. 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- Bill Schifino in line to become Bar president.
- Florida lawyers feeling good about the economy.
- The Bar’s Practice Resource Institute’s website us up and running.
NOMINATING PETITIONS SOUGHT FOR BOARD OF GOVERNORS VACANCIES
- Executive Director John F. Harkness, Jr., has announced a vacancy on the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar due to the election of Seventh Circuit board member Sandra C. Upchurch as a Circuit Court Judge. Upchurch was finishing out a two-year term on the board that would have expired June 16, 2016. Nominating petitions for the vacancy must be filed with the office of the Executive Director on or before 5 p.m., Friday, February 13, 2015.
- Executive Director John F. Harkness, Jr., has announced a vacancy on the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar due to the election of Thirteenth Circuit board member William J. Schifino Jr. as President-elect Designate. Schifino was finishing out a two-year term on the board in Seat 1. Nominating petitions for the vacancy must be filed with the office of the Executive Director on or before 5 p.m., Monday, March 2, 2015.
The Florida Bar Journal
The February issue of The Florida Bar Journal is now available online, featuring articles on:
- The Florida voyeurism statute
- Medicaid lien reduction
- Estate planning in 2015
- Unplugging in the electronic age
2015 Annual Florida Bar Convention
Join your colleagues at the 65th Annual Florida Bar Convention June 24- 27, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We hope you plan to attend the multiple CLE opportunities, Section and Committee meetings and special events including Judicial Luncheon and All Member Reception. Make your hotel reservations now at www.floridabar.org/annualconvention.
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
FLORIDA HIGH COURT GIVES IMMUNITY TO LOCAL REVIEW BOARDSIn an order Thursday, the Florida state Supreme Court gave civil immunity to the members and staffers of its local professionalism panels, w...
A NEW SCAM: PUBLIC RECORDS SHAKEDOWNThe Florida Bar News looks at lawsuits filed against nonprofit corporations and others over public records requests. In one case, 4th Circu...
JUVENILE JUSTICE DISPUTE INTENSIFIESA split has widened between Polk officials and two state lawmakers over $4.8 million the county is owed for housing juvenile offenders. And ...