The Florida Bar News
The March 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- The judicial term limits bill clearing a House hurdle.
- The death penalty fix on the move.
- A proposed rule addressing family leaves.
Web maintenance scheduled
The Florida Bar website will be unavailable from 6:30-8:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 25. This process will also impact access to Fastcase legal research.
The Florida Bar Journal
The March issue of The Florida Bar Journal and digital edition are now available online, featuring articles on:
- Pro Bono in Florida
- Medical Marijuana and Employment Law
- Florida Public Records Law
- Application Deadline Extended for Statewide Nominating Commission for Judges of Compensation Claims (2nd Appellate District): Deadline, March 6th
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners Seeks Lawyer Applicants: Deadline, April 3
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners Seeks Non-Lawyer Applicants: Deadline, April 3
Learn how to use Fastcase's Live Help Chat feature ... For additional information on this tip and others, visit the Tech Tips page.
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
HOWARD MCGILLIN HOLDS FIRST VETERANS TREATMENT COURTWith a "We Support Our Troops" flag hanging on the wall of his courtroom Thursday [Feb. 23], Circuit Court Judge Howard McGillin presided ov...
WHAT COULD FLORIDA LAWMAKERS DO TO KEEP KIDS FROM BEING SHOT?When the annual 60-day legislative session gets underway next month, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle will be looking for ways to keep F...
HEATHER GERKEN, KNOWN FOR FEDERALISM SCHOLARSHIP, IS FIRST WOMAN TO BECOME YALE LAW DEANYale law professor Heather Gerken will become dean of the law school beginning July 1. Gerken will be the first female law dean and first f...