President' s Video Message
In his latest President's Video Message, President Bill Schifino assures Bar members who face challenges in the business of law and their legal practices that they are not alone. The Florida Bar provides a myriad of business and practice assistance programs, services, and member benefits and discounts.
The Florida Bar News
The March 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- The judicial term limits bill clearing a House hurdle.
- The death penalty fix on the move.
- A proposed rule addressing family leaves.
The Florida Bar Journal
The March issue of The Florida Bar Journal and digital edition are now available online, featuring articles on:
- Pro Bono in Florida
- Medical Marijuana and Employment Law
- Florida Public Records Law
- Application Deadline Extended for Statewide Nominating Commission for Judges of Compensation Claims (2nd Appellate District): Deadline, March 6th
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners Seeks Lawyer Applicants: Deadline, April 3
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners Seeks Non-Lawyer Applicants: Deadline, April 3
Learn how to use Fastcase's Live Help Chat feature ... For additional information on this tip and others, visit the Tech Tips page.
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
VIEWPOINT: JUSTICE HELPS ECONOMYAlan B. Bookman, an attorney with Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon, resident of Pensacola and past president of The Florida Bar, writes: "A new s...
MAHON WINS RE-ELECTION AS CHIEF JUDGE FOR 4TH CIRCUITCircuit Judge Mark Mahon has been re-elected as chief judge by his peers in the Fourth Judicial Circuit. Mahon will begin his second two-yea...
TRYON: PROGRESS TO REPORT ON COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT COURTOpinion editor Tom Tryon writes: "[It] was encouraging and refreshing last week to receive an update and learn that progress has been made o...