2017 Annual Florida Bar Convention
Join your colleagues & friends during the 67th Annual Florida Bar Convention June 21-24, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. Be sure to have your New Members Portal login to register! Online Registration ends June 2nd. Our hotel room block is still open and based on availability.
Member Action Required
The Florida Bar is upgrading and improving the MyFloridaBar Members Portal, with almost 50,000 new accounts already created and ready to go in the new system! Log in now to set your username and to get your new password so there is no interruption in access to your MyFloridaBar Members Portal. Note: Make sure that your internet browser is fully updated to access the system. Call 1-866-854-5050 during business hours or email Membership Records if you need further assistance. (Members should continue to report CLEs on our current site until May 1.)
How To Use Keyboard Shortcuts To Better Navigate A Word Document ... For additional information on this tip and others, visit the Tech Tips page.
The Florida Bar News
The May 1 Bar News is now available online with stories including:
- The Bar’s fee statements to be emailed this year.
- Hackers targeting lawyers’ computers.
- The court questioning the Bar’s plans for matching services.
The Florida Bar Journal
The May issue of The Florida Bar Journal and digital edition are now available online, featuring articles on:
- Motions to Strike
- Protections for Nursing Mothers in the Workplace
- Constitutional Challenges by a Former Spouse Whose Claim for Benefits is Denied
● Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court: Deadline, May 2
● Alachua County Court: Deadline, May 10
● Orange County Court: Deadline, May 15
● 14th Circuit Court - Deadline, May 15
● Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court: Deadline, May 16
NOMINATING PETITIONS SOUGHT FOR BOARD OF GOVERNORS VACANCY
Executive Director John F. Harkness, Jr., has announced a vacancy on the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar due to the election of Fifteenth Circuit board member Michelle Suskauer as President-elect Designate. Suskauer was finishing out a two-year term on the board in Seat 3. Nominating petitions are due May 15.
WEEKLY LEGISLATIVE SESSION UPDATE
This week's most significant action was passage of the House and Senate's respective budgets. Details in the weekly legislative session update.
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
DAILY NEWS SUMMARYClick on the "More News Summaries" button below for the latest Daily News Summary....