The Program Evaluation Committee has identified a number of Bar projects for review for the 2013-14 Bar year.
PEC Chair Ray Abadin presented the list to the Board of Governors at its Amelia Island meeting:
* Evaluating the Bar’s Law Office Management Assistance Service.
* Deciding whether the PEC chair should be an automatic member of the Executive Committee.
* Changing the name of the Legislation Committee to the Governmental Affairs Committee.
* Looking at variations in certification criteria for different areas of law.
* Conducting a mandatory three-year review of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section.
* Evaluating antitrust and trade regulation certification.
* Determining whether there should be an additional charge beyond the initial $150 fee when an ad submitted for Bar review is subsequently revised and must be re-reviewed.
Abadin noted The Florida Bar remains unique among state bars in having a PEC, charged with reviewing all new proposed Bar programs and the periodic review of existing ones.