Upcoming CLE Webinar
An Overview of Multidistrict Litigation
Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021, Noon-1:-00 p.m.
with United States Chief District Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga (FLSD), United States District Judge Robin L. Rosenberg (FLSD), and United States Magistrate Judge Gary R. Jones (FLND). Moderator: Brandon K. Breslow (Kynes, Markman & Felman, P.A.)
The Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) continues to select Florida federal judges to preside over the nation’s most complex mass tort cases. This one-hour webinar will appeal to the plaintiffs’ personal injury bar and civil defense attorneys with varying experience as the panel will address several topics necessary to understanding and succeeding in this specialized area of federal practice. Those topics include:
- the creation of an MDL and the role of the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation in that process;
- the JPML’s selection of a particular judge to preside over an MDL and the presiding judge’s authority under section 1407(b);
- case management issues (such as the use of a census and registry in a large MDL); and
- discovery matters (including ESI management).
This course, presented by the Federal Court Practice Committee, has been approved by The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Department for 1 hour of General CLE Credit and 1 hour Civil Trial Certification Credit
Litigating Civil Rights Cases
- Part One: State Inmate Claims Brought Under the 8th Amendment
- Part Two: Claims Brought Under the Bill of Rights and Civil Rights Statutes Against Municipal, County and Federal Defendants
- Part Three: Due Process and State Law Claims Brought in State or Federal Court
- Part Four: Litigating Civil Rights Cases; download webinar slides