Book Review: Badass Advocate
A 2023 Caregiver Friendly Award winner, Badass Advocate: Becoming The Champion Your Seriously Ill Loved One Deserves teaches caregivers how to become “Badass Advocates” for their loved ones. Even Badass Legal Advocates who become caregivers will learn from author Erin Mulqueen Galyean’s 8 practical steps.
Badass Advocate is an information-packed and action-oriented book, caregivers will learn how to lead the charge and powerfully advocate for their seriously ill loved one. Whether their loved one is hospitalized or home-bound, Badass Advocate will teach them how to effectively navigate the challenges they face.
When someone near and dear to your heart has become seriously ill, it can be heartbreaking and overwhelming. You desperately want to help them, but you aren’t exactly sure how to handle all that is happening.
In Badass Advocate, Erin shares eight practical steps that caregivers can use to get their loved one the care they deserve. They will learn strategies like:
- The importance of building a successful support team
- How to ask doctors effective questions to get the real answers you need
- How to remember key conversations with healthcare professionals
- How to be the patient’s voice when they are not able
- How to avoid caregiver’s fatigue
- How to balance being compassionate and assertive
- How to stay focused on advocating without overloading oneself
Caregivers need to feel empowered. They need to believe that they can make a meaningful difference in their loved one’s healthcare experience, and this book teaches them how to do it.
Reprinted with permission from the caregiver.com newsletter © 2023. Sign up to receive the newsletter.