This program focuses on the fundamental considerations for starting, developing, or growing a family law practice. It is applicable both to attorneys interested in hanging their own shingle and to those attorneys who wish to develop their practice while working in an established firm. The program will provide an opportunity to hear from and interact with some of the most successful and distinguished family law attorneys throughout the State of Florida. Don’t miss your opportunity to learn about these critical issues facing every family lawyer’s career.
11:50 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m .– 12:05 p.m.
Welcome and Introduction of Speakers
Linda Braithwaite, Esq., Program Co-Chair, Trinity
12:05 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Family Practice in General – Going It Alone or Building A Firm
Alberto Romero, Esq., Tampa
- The Decision to Work for Someone Versus Working for Yourself – What the Bar Requires of the You and/or the Firm
- The Value of Mentoring – Developing a Business Model for the 21st Century
- Making the Most of Early Years in Practice
- Resources that The Florida Bar Has for Young Lawyers – Valuable Resources from The Florida Bar
12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Striking off on Your Own – Client Development
Jeffrey A. Weissman, Esq., Boca Raton
- Preparing to Make the Jump to Working for Yourself – Using and Modifying Your Business Model
- Steps to Building a Practice - Effective Marketing for your Business Model
- Getting the Work that You Want, When to Say Yes, and When to Say No – Using a Client Rating System
- Building a Referral System
- Using Technology
1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Growing Your Practice
Thomas J. Duggar, Esq., Tallahassee
- Hiring Associates and Staff
- Maintaining Strong Business and Billing Practices – Time Management and Productivity Resources
- Cash Flow and Profitability
1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Question & Answer Session
Matthew L. Lundy, Esq., Program Co-Chair, Boca Raton
Register for the Audio Webcast: http://tinyurl.com/FloridaBarCLE1799
Please call 877-880-1335 for assistance with webcast registration.
WEB CAST CONNECTION: Live web cast attendees receive course materials and audio via the Internet. Connection instructions will be e-mailed 2 days prior to scheduled course.