Appointments, Vacancies and Applications
Your destination for exciting legal jobs, judicial openings, and service opportunities.
The Board of Governors makes several appointments each year. Applications can be found here. Current openings include:
- Supreme Court’s Judicial Ethics Advisory Committee. Deadline: Dec. 11, 2017
- The Florida Bar Foundation Board of Directors (two vacancies). Deadline: Dec. 11, 2017
JNC Applications & Judicial Vacancies
Applications, member lists and announcements for both judicial openings and Judicial Nominating Commission member appointments can be found here. Current judicial vacancies include:
- Fifteenth Judicial Circuit – Circuit Court. Deadline: Dec. 13, 2017
- Second Judicial Circuit – Circuit Court. Deadline: Dec. 27, 2017
- Seventh Judicial Circuit – Volusia County Court. Deadline: Dec. 27, 2017
- Two lawyer vacancies for each of the 26 Judicial Nominating Commissions. Deadline: Jan. 3, 2018
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit – Hillsborough County Court. Deadline: Jan. 8, 2018
The Florida Bar President-elect appoints interested Bar members to serve on standing committees each year. The committee preference form is posted online from December 1 to January 15. All appointments begin July 1 of each year.