The Florida Bar Member Benefits, Insurance and Retirement Programs
As a valued member of The Florida Bar, you are part of a large group with buying power. Our mission is to maximize this potential by providing The Florida Bar members, their families and employees with competitive insurance products, employee benefit plans and services not usually obtained by individuals or small groups, through program administrator Member Benefits Inc.
Save on insurance!
Affinity group plans, premium discounts, and underwriting concessions. Programs include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D
- Long Term Care and Medicare Supplement
- Employee Group Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plans
- ID Theft Solutions, Rx Drug Card, Pet
- Workers’ Comp – Dividend Based
- Cyber Security Insurance
Call 800-282-8626 or visit Member Benefits Inc. online.
The GEICO Auto Insurance Program offers quality car insurance with 24-hour sales, policy and claims service. Florida Bar members may also qualify for additional discounts. Call 800-368-2734 for a free quote.
Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company (FLMIC)
Created by The Florida Bar, FLMIC is dedicated to just one thing: providing high-quality Lawyers’ Professional Liability (LPL) insurance to members of The Florida Bar.
Attorneys board certified by The Florida Bar are eligible for a 10% discount on their FLMIC policy premium.
FLMIC is different from other LPL insurance providers. Here’s how:
- FLMIC is the only direct-write LPL provider for attorneys in Florida.
- You can talk directly to your underwriter at any time.
- The deductible on a standard policy is per year, not per claim.
- FLMIC was created by Florida lawyers, for Florida lawyers — and many of the people at FLMIC are Florida lawyers to this day.
- Policies include cyber liability coverage.
- Premium credits are available to lawyers with a claims-free history and low-risk practice area.
- If a claim is ever filed against you, FLMIC will put a live claims specialist on the case — not somebody in a remote location on a 1-800 line.
From risk management guidance and cybersecurity protection to free CLE videos that stream online at your convenience (24/7/365), FLMIC offers legal malpractice protection and resources that meet Florida lawyers’ needs.