The Florida Bar Member Benefits, Insurance and Retirement Programs
As a valued member of The Florida Bar, you are part of a large group with buying power. Our mission is to maximize this potential by providing The Florida Bar members, their families and employees with competitive insurance products, employee benefit plans and services not usually obtained by individuals or small groups, through program administrator Member Benefits Inc.
Save on insurance!
Affinity group plans, premium discounts, and underwriting concessions. Programs include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D
- Long Term Care and Medicare Supplement
- Employee Group Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plans
- ID Theft Solutions, Rx Drug Card, Pet
- Workers’ Comp – Dividend Based
- Cyber Security Insurance
Call 800-282-8626 or visit Member Benefits Inc. online.
The GEICO Auto Insurance Program offers quality car insurance with 24-hour sales, policy and claims service. Florida Bar members may also qualify for additional discounts. Call 800-368-2734 for a free quote.
Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Co. (FLMIC)
Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Co. is the only Lawyers’ Professional Liability (LPL) insurance company created by The Florida Bar. Its focus is combining high-quality policy features that protect your practice with cost-free member benefits that add value beyond the cost of the policy.
Attorneys board certified by The Florida Bar are eligible for a 10% discount on their Florida Lawyers Mutual policy premium. A premium credit is also available for attorneys in low-risk practice areas with a claims-free history.
Florida Lawyers Mutual is different from other lawyers’ errors-and-omissions insurance providers in Florida. Here’s how:
- Every Florida Lawyers Mutual member gets exclusive access to a cost-free CLE library with 33+ hours of accredited video courses.
- Every policy includes a free cyber liability endorsement.
- The deductible on a standard policy is per year, not per claim.
- Florida Lawyers Mutual is a mutual company created by and for Florida lawyers, managed by Florida lawyers, and owned by its member lawyers.
- If a claim is ever filed against you, Florida Lawyers Mutual will put a live claims specialist on the case — not somebody in a remote location on a 1-800 line.
- Florida Lawyers Mutual is the only direct-write LPL provider for lawyers in Florida.
- You can talk directly to an underwriter or claims specialist at any time.
- Policy features include Supplemental Claims Expense Coverage, Disciplinary Proceeding Coverage, and more.
- High retention rate year after year.
From guidance on risk management and lawyer well-being to free CLE videos that stream online at your convenience (24/7/365), Florida Lawyers Mutual offers legal malpractice protection and resources that meet Florida lawyers’ needs.