Although legislative sessions only last for 60 days, throughout the year there are committee meetings and other important dates including Organizational Session and bill filing deadlines.
The 2024 Legislative Session will convene January 9. Organizational and committee meeting dates are to be determined.
2024 Regular Session
- August 4, 2023: Deadline for filing claim bills (Senate Rule 4.81(2))
- January 9, 2024: Regular Session convenes (Article III, section 3(b), State Constitution) 12:00 noon, deadline for filing bills for introduction (Senate Rule 3.7(1))
- February 24, 2024: Motion to reconsider made and considered the same day (Senate Rule 6.4(4)) All bills are immediately certified (Senate Rule 6.8)
- February 27, 2024: Day 50; last day for regularly scheduled committee meetings (Senate Rule 2.9(2))
- March 8, 2024: Day 60; last day of Regular Session (Article III, section 3(d), State Constitution)
Links and Resources
The Florida Legislature’s Online Sunshine provides access to bill summaries, bill text and analysis, and legislative actions; House and Senate Committee schedules; registered lobbyists; the Florida Statutes and Constitution; and a list of legislators and their committee assignments. You can use either the House of Representatives or the Senate link to look up bill information.
If more in-depth bill tracking is desired, you can create Legislative tracking accounts on both the House and Senate, websites. Once you set up an account, these tracking systems can be personalized to follow specific issues of importance and can be set up to receive automatic email alerts when the status of those items changes. If you need assistance, email Joni Hooks or call her at 800-342-8060 ext. 5662.
Live and archived videos of the Florida House and Senate are available through each chamber’s website, as well as The Florida Channel.
The Florida Department of State Division of Elections website contains voter information and election resources, statistics and reports.
State Library and Archives of Florida – Laws of Florida provides a listing of all new laws that were enacted in the previous session.