CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2022 FLORIDA BAR REPORTERS’ WORKSHOP
TALLAHASSEE – Nominations are now being accepted for reporters to attend the 31st Annual Florida Bar Reporters’ Workshop, which will be held in Tallahassee on Sept. 19 and 20. This intensive two-day course is designed for 24 print, online, TV and radio journalists new to the courts and legal reporting or new to Florida. The workshop is presented by The Florida Bar Media & Communications Law Committee in partnership with the Florida Supreme Court.
Nominations must be made by editors, publishers or news directors using this nomination form. Reporters who are accepted will be awarded scholarships for two nights’ hotel accommodations in Tallahassee and workshop meals. Travel expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the participant or the participant’s employer. Reporters attending will learn about legal reporting and covering the state courts from lawyers, judges and experienced journalists. Possible topics include:
- Meeting Florida’s Supreme Court justices;
- Understanding The Florida Bar’s discipline system for attorneys;
- Learning about libel law and privacy;
- Covering Florida elections from those on the front lines;
- Reporting on public records;
- Understanding the First Amendment and court cases.
- Learning about Problem-Solving Courts;
- Reporting on high profile cases
Additionally, there will be a tour of the Florida Supreme Court, and dinner with Florida Supreme Court justices and other judicial dignitaries.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, August 24 @5:00 P.M.