19TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT JNC ANNOUNCES INDIAN RIVER COUNTY COURT VACANCY
As a result of the resignation of Indian River County Judge David Morgan, the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission hereby gives notice that it is accepting applications for a vacancy on the Indian River County Court. All interested in applying, please note the following.
- Applications for this Indian River County Court vacancy must be received no later than the deadline of Oct. 2, 2020. Applications shall be delivered to each individual Commissioner pursuant to the instructions set forth in this Notice. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. All applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for at least five (5) years at the time of submitting their application, electors of the State of Florida, and a resident of Indian River County before taking office.
- Please note the form of judicial application has changed, and you must use the current form of application found online at: https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information.
- To be considered, applicants must, without exception, submit the following:
- (a) One (1) original application, typed and bound securely in paper form, to be delivered to the Chair only;(b) One (1) separate redacted copy of the application in PDF format, excluding all exempt information under Florida
Statutes Chapter 119 (or other applicable public records law), to be delivered to the Chair only;
The original application and the redacted paper copy are to be delivered to:
Manuel Farach, Chair
c/o Rossway, Swan, Tierney, Barry & Oliver, PL
2101 Indian River Boulevard, Suite 200
Vero Beach, FL 32960-7701
(c) PDF copies of the original application shall be delivered via email to each commissioner, including the Chair, at their email addresses listed below (please note this means the Chair will receive the original application and the redacted application as delivered to Rossway, Swan and PDF copies of the original application and the redacted application sent to the Chair via email);
(d) All letters of recommendation in your possession that you wish the Commission to consider shall be included as attachments to the original application and the redacted copy;
(e) The financial disclosure information requested in the application, inclusive of a completed Form 6 (Full and Public Disclosure of Financial Interest), must be submitted as part of the original application and the redacted application;
(f) A recent photograph of the applicant shall be attached to the original and redacted applications; and
(g) Any additional information which you feel may be helpful to the Commission in assessing your qualifications shall be included as attachments to the original and the copies of the application.
- Please strictly follow all requests and instructions in this Notice. Failure to do so could result in your application not being considered.
- The Commission strongly suggests that you submit your application as soon as it is prepared and well before the deadline.
- After the deadline for submitting applications passes, the Commission will determine which applicants will be interviewed. If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be contacted to confirm the date, time, and location of your interview if such date, time, and location is other than indicated in this Notice.
- The interviews are presently scheduled to be conducted on Oct. 13, 2020, commencing at 11 a.m. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted via ZOOM. The information to attend via ZOOM will be provided to both the applicants and the public at a later date. If you expect any issues attending via Zoom, please contact the Chair.
- All proceedings of the Commission, except for deliberations, are open to the public. Accordingly – and subject to applicable Florida Statutes – you should not expect your application and/or information to be kept confidential.
- If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor’s Office, and please note the Governor’s Office may request additional copies of same.
- Any questions about the application process, please contact the Chair of the Commission at the following:Manuel Farach
McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC
One East Broward Blvd., Suite 1400
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301-1181
Email: [email protected]cc: Members of the Nineteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating CommissionBarbara A. Kreitz Cook, (Vice-Chair), [email protected]
Benjamin L. Bedard, [email protected]
Nita G. Denton, [email protected]
Bradley Rossway, [email protected]
Adam Schwartz, [email protected]
Robert V. Schwerer, [email protected]
Jennifer L. Williamson, [email protected]About The Florida Bar
Founded in 1949, The Florida Bar serves the legal profession for the protection and benefit of both the public and all Florida lawyers. As one of the nation’s largest mandatory bars, The Florida Bar fosters and upholds a high standard of integrity and competence within Florida’s legal profession as an official arm of the Florida Supreme Court. To learn more, visit FloridaBar.org.