JNC and Judicial Vacancies
Whenever a judicial vacancy occurs, the governor fills the vacancy by appointment from a list of candidates nominated by the circuit’s Judicial Nominating Commission.
Applications for nomination to a judicial seat and applications for appointment to serve on a Judicial Nominating Commission can be found on this page; Judicial Nominating Commission member lists can be found here. Click here to view the latest JNC announcements regarding meetings, interview schedules, lists of applicants and nominees. Current judicial vacancies include:
- A vacancy in the First Judicial Circuit created by the resignation of Circuit Judge Edward P. Nickinson, III. The deadline for application submission is Feb. 20, 2018.
- Two vacancies in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, one due to the death of County Court Judge Shelley J. Kravitz and another created by the elevation of County Court Judge Spencer J. Multack to the Circuit Court. The application deadline for both vacancies is Feb. 23, 2018.
- A vacancy in the First Judicial Circuit court due to the resignation of Judge Curtis J. Neal. The deadline to submit applications is Feb. 28.
- The Eleventh Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission is accepting applications to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of Circuit Court Judge Jerald Bagley. The application deadline is March 2.
- The Twentieth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission announced a judicial vacancy resulting from the resignation of Circuit Judge Jay B. Rosman. The deadline for application submission is March 9.
- The Seventeenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission is accepting applications for a vacancy on the Broward County Court created by the resignation of Judge Claudia Robinson. Applications must be received by March 13.