NINETEENTH CIRCUIT JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION ANNOUNCES CIRCUIT COURT VACANCY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 10, 2018
CONTACT: Jason D. Berger, Chair; [email protected],
Nineteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
TELEPHONE: (772) 403-5880
As a result of the resignation of Circuit Judge Paul B. Kanarek, the Nineteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission is accepting applications for a vacancy on the Circuit Court.
1. Applications for this Circuit Court vacancy must be received by 3:00 pm on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Applications shall be delivered to each individual Commissioner pursuant to the instructions of this Notice. (See Florida Bar website www.flabar.org for listing of Nineteenth Circuit Commissioners.)
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. All applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for at least five (5) years, electors of the State of Florida, and residents of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit before taking office.
2. The Judicial Applications are available online at The Florida Bar website www.flabar.org. To be considered, applicants must submit the following, without exception:
(a) 9 original applications, typed and bound securely (one original delivered to each of the 9 individual Commissioners);
(b) One separate redacted copy of the application excluding all exempt information under Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, or other applicable public records law (to Chair only);
(c) An electronic copy of both the application and the redacted application, saved in PDF format, each on a flash drive delivered to each Commissioner (one flash drive per Commissioner, nine (9) flash drives total), with the applicant’s name clearly indicated on the exterior of the flash drives. Each PDF must be a single file. No other attachments or files are to be included on the flash drives;
(d) All letters of recommendation in your possession that you wish the Commission to consider shall be included as attachments to the original application and the redacted copy, and shall be included with the applications saved on the flash drives;
(e) The financial disclosure information requested in the application, inclusive of a completed Form 6 (Full and Public Disclosure of Financial Interest) must be submitted with the original application, the redacted application and the electronic copies of each;
(f) A recent photograph of the applicant shall be attached to the application and redacted application, and included as an attachment to the applications saved to the flash drives;
(g) Any additional information which you feel may be helpful to the Commission in assessing your qualifications shall be included as attachments to the application and redacted application, and shall be included with the copies of each saved to the flash drives.
3. Please strictly follow all requests and instructions in this notice. Failure to do so could result in your application not being considered.
4. The Commission strongly suggests that you submit your application as soon as it is prepared and well before the deadline.
5. After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will determine which applicants will be interviewed. If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location of your interview, if other than indicated in this Notice.
6. Presently, the interviews are scheduled to be conducted on Tuesday, May 29, 2018, commencing at 8:30 AM, at the Fourth floor conference room/old law library of the Office of the Clerk of Court, Martin County, 100 SE Ocean Blvd., Stuart, FL 34994.
7. All proceedings of the Commission are open to the public, except for deliberations. Accordingly, you should not expect your application and/or information to be kept confidential, subject to applicable Florida Statutes.
8. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor’s Office, which may request additional copies of same.
9. If there are any questions about the application process, please contact the Chair of the JNC, Nineteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission c/o Jason D. Berger, Chair:
Jason D. Berger, Esq., Chair
850 NW Federal Hwy
Stuart FL 34994
850 NW Federal Hwy
Stuart FL 34994
EDITORS: Please note The Florida Bar is not an association and "Association" is not part of our name. Proper reference is "The Florida Bar." Local bar organizations are properly termed "associations."