YOUNG LAWYERS DIVISION Board of Governors member Kevin Barr of Panama City, who represents the 14th Circuit, which bore the brunt of Hurricane Michael in October, was forced to move out of his home and law office, pictured above, and now commutes from neighboring Panama City Beach.
Leadership Academy is a year-long leadership training program designed to foster professional growth and enhance the leadership skills for a diverse group of attorneys. The mission of The Florida Bar Leadership Academy is a multi-session training program designed to assist a diverse and inclusive group of lawyers in becoming better leaders within our profession, in their chosen path, while enhancing their leadership skills.
- There are now 44 lawyers in the Florida Legislature
- Legislators named to lead law-related committees
- Animal Law Section honors Lee
- Business Law Section accepting fellowship applications
- Foundation platform will match students and alumni mentors for pro bono cases
- Foundation seeks nominations for Jane Curran Distinguished Service Award
- Landlord/tenant DIY forms hit the e-filing portal, more on the way
- 'Freed to Run' events raise money for legal aid
- Rocking for hammerheads
- Interest rate set for judgments and decrees
- LASPBC launches online intake system
- Selig Goldin Award nominations sought
- Foundation seeks Medal of Honor Award nominees
- Legislative Action
- Proposed board action
- Proposed amendments to Bar admission rules
- Amendments to criminal jury instructions
- Amendments to traffic court rules
- Amendments to appellate procedure rules
- Want to serve on a JNC?
- Board needs a public member
- Foundation seeks board applicants
- U.S. Middle District now accepting enrollment fees online
- Board to make appointments in March
- Sorensen petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Murtha petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Greenspoon petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Audit Summary of The Florida Bar
Florida Bar Resources
Basic Appellate Practice 2019|
Friday, February 22, 2019 - 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Tampa Airport Marriott.
Advanced Health Law Topics & Certification Review 2019
March 7 - 8, Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek.
Solo & Small Firm Conference : Minding Your Business - Best Practices for Solos & Small Firms
Friday, January 18, 2019 - 7:45 AM - 3:40 PM, DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.
iLaw2019 The ILS Global Forum on International Law
Friday, February 22, 2019 - 8:46 AM - 5:30 PM, JW Marriott Marquis, Miami. Essentials of Elder Law 2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 7:15 AM - 5:20 PM, Lowes Portofino Bay Hotel, Orlando.
Representing the Physician Entrepreneur and Innovator 2019
Friday, January 18, 2019 - 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Hyatt Regency Sarasota.
The Hidden Essentials of Appellate Law 2019
Friday, February 1, 2019 - 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal, West Palm Beach.
Labor and Employment Law Annual Update and Certification Review 2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019 - Friday, January 18, 2019, DoubleTree at Sea World, Orlando.
37th Annual Federal Securities Institute
Monday, February 11, 2019 - Tuesday, February 12, 2019, The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove.
Elder Law Annual Update & Hot Topics
Friday, January 18, 2019 - Saturday, January 19, 2019, Lowes Portofino Bay Hotel, Orlando.
Annual ITC Boot Camp
Wednesday, January 9, 2019 - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, JW Marriott Hotel, Miami.
37th Annual International Tax Conference 2019
Thursday, January 10, 2019 - Friday, January 11, 2019, JW Marriott Hotel, Miami.
Civil Trial Update & Board Certification Review 2019
Thursday, February 14, 2019 - Friday, February 15, 2019, Tampa Airport Marriott.
Practicing with Professionalism
Friday, February 8, 2019, - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel.
floridabar.org and are due no later than January 15, 2019. President-elect Stewart will make about 500 appointments to over 70 committees and he wants to make sure he has a diverse group of lawyers from which to choose.
THE PALM BEACH COUNTY BAR'S Young Lawyers Section recently kicked off the holiday season by celebrating the end of “No Shave November” during a networking mixer for more than 400 business leaders at iBar in Palm Beach Gardens.
On the Move
Submit a Letter to the Editor
Leaving work at work
The New Year is here, and with it important reminders of the challenge and promise of transitions. Whether it’s transitioning from the holiday season to the busy work week, from a well-intended New Year’s resolution to the practical realities of seeing it to fruition, or the daily balancing of work and family, transitions are not always easy. Mindfulness practices can play a meaningful role in navigating periods of transition, allowing us to be a little more effective at bringing about the outcomes we desire. This month’s question is posed by an attorney interested in how mindfulness practice can help balance the interests of work and family.
- Kelly Overstreet Johnson — 2004-05
- Hank Coxe — 2006-07
- Jesse Diner — 2009-10
- Alan Dimond — 1992-93
- Burton Young — 1970-71
- Tod Aronovitz — 2002-03