The Florida Bar News
15TH CIRCUIT CHIEF JUDGE KRISTA MARX discussed the importance of public trust and confidence in the judicial system to judicial candidates attending the Judicial Campaign Conduct Forum in West Palm Beach, one of 10 forums held across the state.
Malware attack severely disrupts West Palm Beach solo's practice
West Palm Beach attorney James “Randy” Ackley has an unusual but urgent message for fellow Bar members — don’t open emails from the Law Offices of James R. Ackley, P.A. A sole practitioner who specializes in foreclosure defense, Ackley thinks his firm’s network was infected by malware that was hiding in an e-reader attached to a digital transcript he recently ordered.
THE ORANGE COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION’S Young Lawyers Section board took a quick break during one of its recent meetings to take a planking photo for the #WellLawyer initiative.
- Former Bar presidents discuss their work on the CRC
- The 2018-2019 Leadership Academy Fellows
- PD Smith returned to office in the 20th Circuit; race set to replace State Attorney Russell
- Palm Beach FAWL event focuses on judicial appointments
- GALs honor Appellate Practice Section
- Supreme Court hosts Florida High School Appellate Moot Court Competition
- First Amendment seminar set for Bar's Annual Convention
- Seminar for paralegals set for Bar convention
- Legal Wellness Retreat in July set for the Berkshires
- Civil Procedure Rules Committee out-of-cycle amendment
- Family Law Rules Committee out-of-cycle amendment
- Amendment to the Code of Judicial Conduct regarding reporting requirements
- Callahan petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Sheffield wants to serve as a senior judge
- Dubensky wants to serve as a senior judge
- McCray petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Musa petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Brutus petitions for Bar reinstatement
- Middagh petitions for Bar reinstatement
- U.S. magistrate judge needed in Pensacola
- 10th Circuit has a judicial opening
- 17th Circuit needs a judge
- Fourth Circuit has a judicial opening
- Judges of Compensation Claims Nominating Commission sets reappointment hearings
- Sarasota County needs a judge
Florida Bar Resources
June 1, 2018THE ORANGE COUNTY BAR YOUNG LAWYERS SECTION hosted a free book fair in May for the students at Washington Shores Elementary School in Orlando.
Court hears arguments on proposal for automatic discipline for frivolous actions
Supreme Court justices questioned details about a member-petition proposed rule amendment to automatically discipline a lawyer if an appellate court found he or she pursued a frivolous action, but justices also queried Florida Bar representatives on whether the grievance process could be improved for such cases.
Most Read News Stories
Advanced Labor Topics 2018|
Friday, June 1, Saturday, June 2, JW Marriott Marco Island.
Practicing Before the Supreme Court 2018
Thursday, June 7, 2018 - 8:00 AM - 4:50 PM, The Florida Supreme Court
Winding Down and Starting Up: Leading a Life of Significance After Leading a Life of Success
Thursday, June 14, 2018, 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort (in conjunction with the Bar Annual Convention)