The Florida Bar News
PRESIDENT MICHELLE SUSKAUER and Christian George, president of the Bar’s Young Lawyers Division, tape a welcome video for new Florida Bar members. “No matter your practice area or place of employment, the Bar has resources for you,” Suskauer says in the video.
Scott initiates JNC process to replace retiring justices
Governor Rick Scott has called on the Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission to begin the process of selecting replacements for three retiring Supreme Court justices and said he expects to work with his successor to choose the new justices.
Agenda takes shape for board's October meeting
The Board of Governors could move a significant step closer to settling a debate over the way lawyers and law firms advertise their specialties when it convenes October 12 on Amelia Island.
The Guide to Judicial Practices in Florida's Federal Courts: An invaluable source of information for federal practitionersFederal practitioners are well advised to review the federal rules, local rules, case management and scheduling orders, and any discovery practice manuals that may exist in their district.1 These sources of information, however, do not completely address each of the practices and procedures of the individual federal judges.
- Florida Bar opens nominations for pro bono service awards
- Campaign violations lead to judge's removal
- Attorneys' ethical duties follow when they are a party to a case
- Federal case challenging unaffordable bail proceeds
- Bar's Tampa Branch relocates
- Judgments and decrees interest rate set
- LSGM receives LSC pro bono grant
- Clerks and Comptrollers honor Sen. Brandes, Rep. Sprowls
- Friends of 440 raise money for scholarships
- Holland & Knight participates in 9/11 National Day of Service
- Benchmarks seminar to be held at Florida Bar Fall Meeting
- Annual Bar Rules Proposals
- Proposed board action
- Board to make December appointments
- Board accepting JQC applications
- Southern District to amend its rules
- Johns petitions for reinstatement
- Bannigan petitions for reinstatement
- Applicants sought for the Supreme Court
- 10th Circuit needs a judge
- 11th Circuit has a judicial opening
Florida Bar Resources
October 1, 2018GARY A. FORSTER of Forster Boughman Lefkowitz & Lowe in Orlando and his family recently volunteered their weekend to the Art for Veterans project, an initiative by Orange County Public Libraries to support our vets through the creative healing of child-made art.
Young lawyers urged to apply for JNCs
Incoming state Rep. Alex Andrade, a Pensacola Republican and YLD member, is issuing an unusual challenge to fellow beginning lawyers. Andrade wants more young lawyers to apply for service on the state’s Judicial Nominating Commissions — not despite their lack of experience, but because of their unique perspective.
Gov. Scott makes JNC appointments
Gov. Rick Scott recently announced the following appointments and reappointments to Florida’s Judicial Nominating Commissions.
Most Read News Stories
On the Move
Family Law Appeals - How Could They Possibly Be Any Different Than Other Appeals?|
November 14, 1:00 PM - 05:00 PM, Live Audio Webcast.
Annual Ethics Update: Back to Basics, The ABC's of Ethics 2018
Friday, November 9, 2018 - 7:30 AM - 1:25 PM, Renaissance Hotel International Plaza, Tampa.
Health Care Regulatory & Compliance 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018 - 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando.
Basic Administrative Law 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018 - 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, University Center Club, Tallahassee.
Annual Public Employment Labor Relations Forum 2018
Thursday, October 25 - Friday, October 26. Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando.
Second Annual Attorney Loan Officer Conference 2018
Friday, October 12, 2018 - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Orlando.
Basic Discovery 2018
Friday, October 12, 2018 - 8:30 AM - 4:20 PM, Tampa Airport Marriott.
Social Media, Corporate Communications and the Legal Ethics of Both
September 21, 12:00 PM - 12:55 PM, Live Audio Webcast
Family Law Appeals - How Could They Possibly Be Any Different Than Other Appeals
November 14, 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM, Live Audio Webcast
The 2018 Pat Dore Administrative Law Conference: An APA Odyssey
Friday, October 12, 8:30 AM - 5:10 PM, Hotel Duval, Tallahassee.