The Florida Bar News
Leadership Academy is a year-long leadership training program designed to foster professional growth and enhance the leadership skills for a diverse group of attorneys. The mission of The Florida Bar Leadership Academy is a multi-session training program designed to assist a diverse and inclusive group of lawyers in becoming better leaders within our profession, in their chosen path, while enhancing their leadership skills.
- Lawson named St. Thomas School of Law's new dean
- Selig Goldin Award nominations sought
- Email service rules change effective January 1
- Board committee to take up digital advertising
- Room for nursing mothers now available at Broward County Courthouse
- LSGM honors Carlton Fields
- Alpizar Law gifts turkeys
- St. Thomas University College of Law facilitates mentoring program
- Online career counseling available
- Tate recognized as 'Lightning Community Hero'
- Foundation seeks Medal of Honor Award nominees
- Want to serve on a JNC?
- Board needs a public member
- Foundation seeks board applicants
- Proposed board action
- Defense counsel, judge needed for criminal jury instruction panel
- Judge McEwen seeks reappointment
- Florida Bar Foundation Board of Directors vacancies
- U.S. Middle District now accepting enrollment fees online
- Proposed amendments to civil jury instructions
- Joint Out-of-Cycle Report on Communication Equipment
- Florida Probate Rules Committee 2019 Regular-Cycle Amendments
Florida Bar Resources
December 1, 2018ATTORNEYS FROM SMITH CURRIE & HANCOCK in South Florida took time off from their firm retreat to participate in the firm-sponsored community project with Help Build Hope.
Florida Board of Bar Examiners, Miami bankruptcy lawyer Scott Baena has some reassuring news for aspiring attorneys. “No law student should avoid mental-health counseling” because they are concerned about how it will affect the Bar admissions process.
Most Read News Stories
On the Move
- Hank Coxe — 2006-07
- Jesse Diner — 2009-10
- Alan Dimond — 1992-93
- Burton Young — 1970-71
- Tod Aronovitz — 2002-03
Essentials of Elder Law 2019|
Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 7:15 AM - 5:20 PM, Lowes Portofino Bay Hotel, Orlando.
Elder Law Annual Update & Hot Topics
Friday, January 18, 2019 - Saturday, January 19, 2019, Lowes Portofino Bay Hotel, Orlando.
Practicing with Professionalism 2018-2019
Friday, November 30, 2018 - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, The Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando.
Basic Trial Practice 2018
Friday, December 07, 2018 - 8:45 AM - 4:30 PM, Tampa Airport Marriott.
Annual ITC Boot Camp
Wednesday, January 9, 2019 - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, JW Marriott Hotel, Miami.
37th Annual International Tax Conference 2019
Thursday, January 10, 2019 - Friday, January 11, 2019, JW Marriott Hotel, Miami.
Civil Trial Update & Board Certification Review 2019
Thursday, February 14, 2019 - Friday, February 15, 2019, Tampa Airport Marriott.
Practicing with Professionalism
Friday, February 8, 2019, - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel.
Preserving Issues for Appeal
November 27, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM, audio webcast.