The Florida Bar News
Florida Lawyers Assistance, Inc., is joining the “health and wellness” wave that legal advocates hope will reshape an entire profession.
Parental leave rule revived
The Florida Supreme Court has asked the Rules of Judicial Administration Committee to once again consider a parental leave continuance rule.
Citizens Advisory Committee last year. Davis is one of 12 non-lawyer members on the committee — formerly known as the Citizens Forum — charged with being a sounding board for the Bar Board of Governors and evaluating content disseminated to the public by the Communications Committee.
www.floridabar.org/member/benefits) and are available at substantial discounts.
- Comments requested on senior judges seeking service renewal
- The budget, lawyer advertising on the board's March agenda
- The Florida Bar Foundation receives $70,000 cy pres award
- Legislation would increase county court civil threshold
- Adams and Reese help make a wish come true
- HCBA honors BALS' Stanley
- RPPTL Section Fellowship Program accepting applications
- St. Thomas wins ABA Labor and Employment Law National Trial Competition
- Justice Lawson's portrait debuted
- Money raised for the Innocence Project
- Board proposes a change to professionalism CLE credit
- Business Law Section hosts Federal Securities Institute
- RJA proposes technical rules for electronic courts
- Costs for special needs children representation clears both houses
- Lawyers honored for work with special-needs children
- Family Law Section donates to the Foundation
- Applications sought for Consumer Lawyer of the Year
- LSC accepting grant applications for 2019
- Patino firm supports student court
- Coming to a court near you -- PDF/A
- 50-year counselors to be recognized at convention
- RPPTL hosts certification review course
- Carrollwood Bar elects new board of directors
- Marsicano Award nominations being accepted
- Proposed board action
- Court overhauls Family Law Forms
- Board to make appointments in May
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners seats available
- Professionalism & Civility panel needs members
- U.S. 11th Circuit to amend its rules
- Blot petitions for Bar reinstatement
- The 11th Circuit needs a judge
- 13th Circuit needs a family court magistrate
- Orange County Value Adjustment Board seeks special magistrates
Florida Bar Resources
The Florida Bar Journal
March 15, 2018
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY LAW STUDENTS arrive at the recent Kozyak Minority Mentoring Foundation’s Annual Minority Mentoring Picnic, held this year at Zoo Miami. The event draws hundreds of students, lawyers, and judges, providing them an opportunity to find a mentor or mentee in a fun and informal setting.
Court implements new policy for sexual harassment complaints against jurists
The Florida Supreme Court has updated its sexual harassment policy and procedures for complaints against justices and judges.
Most Read News StoriesMARK ECKELS of Boyd & Jenerette in Jacksonville completed the Honolulu Marathon in Hawaii in December. When he crossed the finish line, Eckels achieved his 2003 goal to successfully run a marathon in all 50 states.
News and Notes
Are Death and Taxes Still Certain? Tax and Non-Tax Issues in Estate Planning 2018|
Friday, April 20, 8:30 a.m. - 5:10 p.m., Ritz-Carlton Sarasota.
Wills, Trusts & Estates Certification & Practice Review Course 2018
Friday, April 6 - 6:55 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. Saturday, April 7 - 6:55 a.m. - 5:15 p.m., Hyatt Regency Orlando.
Advanced Trial Advocacy 2018
Tuesday, May 15 - Saturday, May 19, University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Journey Through the Florida Guardianship Galaxy 2018
Friday, April 20- 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m., Stetson University College of Law - Tampa Campus.
Annual Wealth Protection 2018
Friday, May 4 - 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Tampa Airport Marriott.
9th Annual Intellectual Property Law Symposium
Thursday, April 12 - 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.; Friday, April 13 - 7 a.m. - 4:50 p.m., The Don CeSar, St. Petersburg Beach.
Masters of DUI 2018
Friday, April 27 - 8 a.m. - 4:55 p.m., Pier Sixty-Six Hotel and Marina, Ft. Lauderdale.
The Federal Seminar 2018
Monday, April 23 - 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 24- 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., State and Local Legal Center Washington, D.C.
Sunshine Law, Public Records & Ethics for Public Officers and Public Employees 2018
Friday, April 13 - 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Rosen Plaza Orlando.
Practicing with Professionalism
St. Petersburg, April 6, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
City, County and Local Government Certification Review Course 2018
May 10, 8 a.m. -5:05 p.m, Omni ChampionsGate, Orlando