Is your “career compass” headed north in 2018?
Many lawyers have benefited from the Florida Lawyers Assistance, Inc., sponsored career counseling program each month since its inception in 2013, under the direction of the late Michael Cohen, and David Behrend, director of Career Planning Services for Lawyers in Ardmore, Pennsylvania.
The free career counseling program for lawyers via computer or telephone from the privacy of their home or office is now being conducted by FLA’s Molly Paris, under Judy Rushlow, FLA’s new executive director.
“Is your compass on track to navigate where you want to go or be in your professional career, be it a recent graduate, lawyer in transition, or firm partner?” Paris asks. “If you need a ‘personal trainer’ to assist you in reaching or adjusting your career goal, the meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month.”
The first session of 2018 will be on Wednesday, January 10 at 11 a.m. Join the free online, confidential career counseling session. The meeting capacity is 25 participants, first come, first served.
To log on, go to: http://global.gotomeeting.com/join/684399861. If the participant is using a telephone, call 213-493-0614. The access code is 684-399-861. The audio PIN will be shown after joining the meeting. The meeting ID is 694-399-861.
Among those who may benefit from participating are:
• Lawyers who are or should be exploring a career or employment change;
• Recent law graduates unsure of the next opportunity;
• Lawyers returning to the practice after an absence of time;
• Older partners or judges searching for their “encore” career;
• Lawyers unable to practice at this time;
• Disenchanted lawyers unsure of alternative career options.