Dade Legal Aid launched its inaugural Leadership Academy at the Reach for the Stars Luncheon presented jointly by the Dade County Bar Association and Dade Legal Aid/Put Something Back.
Members of the Leadership Academy were introduced by Chief Judge Bertila Soto of the 11th Judicial Circuit and selected based upon their professional experience, leadership, and service to the community.
“Fellows were recruited with distinguished resumes that reflect their accomplishments and concern about the profession and community,” said Herman J. Russomanno III, president of the Dade County Bar Association. “These future leaders of the bar will become equipped with the skills necessary to be legal leaders in their workplace and beyond.”
Leaders will participate as fellows of the academy for four months and through the program will develop a deeper understanding of effective leadership while learning about issues facing Dade Legal Aid and the indigent population. Fellows will connect with leaders of firms and organizations for the purpose of creating lasting relationships and a commitment to pro bono service.
The leadership academy includes the following attorneys:
* Zachariah R.F. Evangelista, Ser & Associates
* Yohan Gomez, Gonzalo Perez, Jr., P.A.
* Daryl Greenberg, Law Offices of Daryl Greenberg
* Stephanie Grosman, Dade Legal Aid
* Monique D. Hayes, Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A.
* Nicole Grimal Helmstetter, Ehrenstein Charbonneau Calderin
* Stephanie Moncada, Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton
* Jennifer V. Ruiz, Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A.
* Jeffrey I. Snyder, Bilzin Sumberg Baena Price & Axelrod LLP
* Brian W. Toth, Holland & Knight
* Caitlin Trowbridge, Rumberger Kirk & Caldwell
* Stuart J. Weissman, Ratzan Law Group, P.A.
* Joshua L. Wintle, Panter, Panter & Sampedro, P.A.
For more information contact Karen Josefsberg Ladis, executive director Dade Legal Aid at 305-579-5733, ext. 2245, or [email protected].