Standing Committee on Professionalism (SCOP) member, The Honorable Scott Suskauer, and Chair, Kara Berard Rockenbach, acting as mentors to recent University of Florida Levin College of Law graduate Maggie Powers (Center). Ms. Powers is clerking for Link & Rockenbach, P.A., in West Palm Beach, and she will be shadowing Ms. Rockenbach in court and in meetings.
New Virtual Resource: Legal Accelerator is Launched
Standing Committee on Professionalism (SCOP) Mentors
Mentoring with the Masters
The Young Lawyer’s Division of The Florida Bar offers mentoring resources including a Mentoring Program Guide and a Mentoring with the Masters Video Series. The Mentoring Program Guide allows Florida attorneys seeking to be a mentor or a mentee to search for programs by geographical location.
The Mentoring with the Masters series offers advice from Bar leaders and experts in a variety of targeted videos aimed at helping newer lawyers in the formative years of their practice. Several of these videos focus on professionalism including but not limited to: Exercising Professionalism, Ethics in Social Media, Professionalism is an Expectation, and Attorney Conduct that Results in Bar Grievances with Linda Calvert Hanson, Former Director of the Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism; E-Etiquette and the New Professionalism with Florida Bar President, Gregory Coleman, Quality of Life with John Sutton of the Sutton Law Group, P.A. and Jamie Moses, of Fisher Rushmer, P.A. as well as courtroom decorum.
- Greetings Letter from the Center
- Mentoring Program Index
- The Florida Bar Mentoring Handbook (includes Forms that can be customized for your organization)
- American Inns of Court Mentoring Guide
- Resources (a list of books and website to visit to assist in preparation for your mentoring program)
- PowerPoint Presentation – Mentoring (designed to train mentors)
- Annual Evaluation Sheet (to be completed on an annual basis detailing the efforts of your mentoring program)