This members-only, virtual-mentor resource developed by The Florida Bar’s Young Lawyers Division is your one-stop hub for the most common questions affecting lawyers today, in an easily searchable database of videos, articles and blog posts.
Login to the MyFloridaBar Member Portal to access Legal Accelerator.
This handbook includes a collection of professionalism resources designed to help students at Florida law schools learn the importance of civility and professionalism in the legal profession. It includes selected chapters of the Rules Regulating The Florida Bar along with Professionalism Expectations, and the Guidelines for Professional Conduct.
This guide and its resources embody and reflect the substance of the professional identity, personality, character, and fitness to practice law which each member of the Bar should exemplify.
Best Practices for Professional Electronic Communication
Lawyers use multiple forms of communication on a daily basis to diligently advocate and are in a constant state of communication with clients, opposing counsel, the court and colleagues. This guide provides best practices for the most popularly used forms of electronic communication.
Hosted by the Florida International University College of Law, the Henry Latimer Professionalism Library Guide provides information and recommended resources regarding practicing law with professionalism in Florida.
Bounds of Advocacy: Goals for Family Lawyers in Florida
Developed by The Family Law Section Ad Hoc Bounds of Advocacy Committee, this publication is a tool to guide Florida family lawyers through the quagmire of professional and ethical dilemmas that are unique to the practice of family law. The intent is to suggest a higher level of practice than the minimum baseline of conduct required by the Rules Regulating The Florida Bar, and the goal is to elevate professionalism in the practice of family law.
- Administrative Order 2018-35- Civ Administrative Order Authorizing Volunteer Professionalism and Civility Magistrate Pilot Program
- Broward County Circuit Court’s Professionalism and Civility Magistrate Program (2018)
- University of St. Thomas: Holloran Center
- The Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough Center for Professionalism
- National Institute for Teaching Ethics and Professionalism
- Mercer University School of Law, Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism
- American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility Consortium on Professionalism Initiatives
- American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility Professionalism Codes
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics
- The Florida Bar CLE To Go – Historical Video Series Podcast & Online Seminar
- The North Carolina Court System
- Hofstra Institute for the Study of Legal Ethics
- Stanford Center on the Legal Profession
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School: Center for Ethics, Service and Professionalism
- Professionalism Expectations (approved by Board of Governors on January 30,2015)
- Oath of Admission to The Florida Bar
- Creed Of Professionalism
- Guidelines for Professional Conduct
- Supreme Court Order: Code for Resolving Professionalism Complaints (Amended by the Florida Supreme Court on Sept. 10, 2015)
- Circuit Administrative Orders Creating Local Professionalism Panels
- Chart of Contact Information to File a Complaint in Each Circuit
- Codes of Pre-Trial and Trial Conduct – American College of Trial Lawyers
- RRTFB Ch. 4 Rules Of Professional Conduct
- RRTFB Ch. 19 Center For Professionalism
Information about filing a complaint regarding a lawyer’s conduct is on the Attorney Consumer Assistance Program (ACAP) page.