Professionalism Resources for Young Lawyers
- Continuing Legal Education/In Reach: Providing quality legal education courses to the members of The Florida Bar, you can purchase or register for CLE courses on a variety of topics.
- Fastcase Legal Research: A comprehensive national law library coupled with searching, sorting, and data visualization tools provided on The Florida Bar Member Portal.
- Florida Bar Member Benefits Program: Offering more more than any other state bar, this program provides more than 60 free or discounted products and services, including free trials, demos or initial services, legal forms, and legal research to members of The Florida Bar.
- Florida Lawyers Assistance Program: This program assists attorneys, judges, and law students to find solutions to substance abuse, compulsive behavior, and psychological problem issues, and provides resources to assist in recovery.
- Florida Lawyers Helpline, 833-351-9355: This free and confidential service connects members with professional counselors. Calls are always free.
- Lawyers Advising Lawyers: This free service for all members of The Florida Bar provides advice on over 50 areas of law, procedure, or other legal issues that may arise in your practice.
- Leadership Academy Diversity & Inclusion Toolkit: Compiled by members of Class IV of the Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, this toolkit provides information and resources regarding diversity and inclusion in the legal practice, and how these principles can be incorporated into everyday practice.
- Leadership Academy Mental Health Toolkit: Compiled by members of Class IV of the Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, this PowerPoint provides information and resources regarding mental health, warning signs of declining mental health, and resources for seeking help.
- Legal Accelerator: Accessed through the MyFloridaBar Members Portal, the Young Lawyers Division (YLD)-created Legal Accelerator is a one-stop hub for short, helpful videos provides advice on over 500 topics across five main categories: professional development, ethics and professionalism, substantive legal questions, The Florida Bar, and health and wellness.
- Legal Fuel: Dubbed “The Practice Resource Center of The Florida Bar,” LegalFuel helps Florida Bar Members by providing free CLEs, information on everything from setting up a trust account to cybersecurity, and resources regarding starting your own practice.
- Professionalism Handbook: Providing the most up-to-date information on the professional responsibility expectations and guidelines for the practice of law in Florida.
- Professionalism Library Guide: Managed by the Center for Professionalism and hosted by the Florida International University’s College of Law, this Library Guide provides professionalism-related resources in every medium from YouTube videos to TED Talks to newspaper articles.
- Rules Regulating the Florida Bar
Social Media Pocket Guide: A handbook created by a joint collaboration between the Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar and the Ethics
and Advertising Department of The Florida Bar in an effort to assist Florida lawyers in complying with the rules governing lawyer advertising.
- #StigmaFreeYLD: An initiative of the YLD and its Health and Wellness Committee, #StigmaFreeYLD attempts to remove the stigma associated with mental health treatment.
- The Florida Bar Mental Health and Wellness Center: Where Florida Bar Members can find information on Florida Lawyers Assistance Program, wellbeing coaches, meditation, CLEs, and more on mental health and wellness in the legal field.
- The Professional Newsletter: Disseminated by the Center for Professionalism, this triannual newsletter provides the latest updates in practicing professionalism in the law.
- Young Lawyers Division: The YLD is engaged in numerous programs that benefit The Florida Bar, young lawyers and the general public.
- YLD Local Bar Affiliates: This list of local bar association affiliates spans the state of Florida and provides contact information for various bar associations in your area or demographic.