Navigating the legal world
can be overwhelming.
We are here to protect and to assist.
The Florida Bar:
- Protects the public by regulating lawyers and investigating and prosecuting people who practice law without a license.
- Administers a Lawyer Referral Service to connect consumers to trusted, verified attorneys.
- Develops and distributes information designed to educate the public about the judicial system and legal topics.
- Helps resolve disputes between consumers and attorneys through the Legal Fee Arbitration and Grievance Mediation programs.
- Operates the Attorney Consumer Assistance Program for consumers who think a lawyer may have acted unethically and want to consider filing a complaint.
Rights and Duties of Tenants and Landlords
The landlord/tenant relationship is a legal contract. Both parties should fully understand their rights — and responsibilities — specified by law in a rental agreement, whether it’s on paper (a lease) or not.
Top Consumer Content by Pageviews
Learn about judicial
and merit retention elections
The “Guide for Florida Voters,” an easy-to-read, nonpartisan FAQ that provides answers to your questions about judicial elections and merit retention.
Información en Español
Aquí proporcionamos información para el consumidor en español.