Instructions to View Discipline Documents
How to Find Attorney Discipline Public Records
The Florida Bar posts public record attorney discipline documents for the past 10 years.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Find a Lawyer page.
- Enter first and last name of the lawyer (and city if you know it) and search.
- Directly under the name on the lawyer’s page, you’ll see the status of the attorney, e.g., Member in Good Standing, Disbarred–Not eligible to practice, etc. You’ll also see an attorney number, contact information and year of admittance to the Bar.
- About three-fourths of the way down the page, you’ll see a category for 10-Year Discipline History, which will indicate either None or Show Details. If there are details, you can click and see the sanction, action date and reference number. Click on the green reference number. That will open a page with court documents, e.g., Supreme Court Order or Report of Referee. Click on each court document and you’ll find the details of the attorney’s case.
For public record discipline information for an attorney that occurred more than 10 years ago:
- Members of the public: Please send your request via email.
- Members of the media: Call the Communications Office Media Line at 850-561-5666. The office is open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
For public record discipline information on judges or to file a complaint against a judge, call the Judicial Qualifications Commission at 850-488-1581.