10 Essential Microsoft Teams Keyboard Shortcuts« Back to Tech Tips
Keyboard shortcuts are the easiest way to perform different tasks on Microsoft Teams. Instead of moving your cursor here and there, simply use the keyboard commands to perform specific tasks. This not only saves time, but also makes you more productive and allows you to get the work done faster. The following are some useful keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Teams that you must use.
- R key — to reply to a chat in the Teams app.
- Option + A (Mac) or Alt + A (Windows) — attach a file to a message.
- Option + / (Mac) or Alt + / (Windows) — to see all the keyboard shortcuts available..
- :(any word) – use “:” before any word to discover emojis related to this specific word. For example, :pineapple, :work
- Ctrl + / — this shortcut checks all the possible shortcuts allowing you to change your current status, access required content, and navigate to various destinations.
- Ctrl + E — to quickly access the search bar to quickly find files, messages and more.
- Ctrl + 1 + 2 + 3 — this combination allows you to navigate to different destinations. For example, Ctrl + 1 takes you to Activity Feed and Ctrl + 2 takes you to Chat.
- Ctrl + O — to choose a file and send in your chat.
- ^ – the up arrow key can be used to edit the last message you sent.
- Ctrl + N — to start a New Chat.
- Ctrl + Shift + O — to turn OFF and ON your camera during a video call.
- Ctrl + Shift + M — to MUTE or UNMUTE yourself during a call or meeting.