A Hat Trick of Google Calendar Tips« Back to Tech Tips
Note: While Google Calendar is available for use with major browsers the instructions below are for Chrome and when Google is set as your default search engine.
Create Additional Calendars
Would a separate calendar be helpful for your child’s school events or as a trial calendar? Google makes adding new calendars a cinch!
- From the Google calendar page go to Add Calendar in the left toolbar.
- Choose Create New Calendar and fill in the name and other information for your new calendar, click Create Calendar.
- Your new calendar will display under the My Calendars section.
Share Your Calendar/s
Looking to share that shiny new calendar with your spouse or associate? Here’s how:
- Click on the three dots next to the calendar you want to share.
- Choose Settings and Sharing.
- On the next page, under “Share with specific people,” click Add people.
- Add the person’s email address > Use the dropdown menu to adjust their permission settings.
- Click Send.
- The recipient will get an emailed link to add the calendar to their list.
Add a Calendar of Interest
Looking for holidays or favorite sports teams’ schedules? Try “Calendars of Interest”
- Look for the plus (+) sign next to Add Calendar on your Google calendar page.
- From the pop-up menu click on Browse Calendars of Interest.
- A new page will open with a list of options of holidays, sports or other cool calendars. Search for and click to select the one/s you would like added to your list of calendars.