Google’s Built-in Timer and Stopwatch« Back to Tech Tips
When you need a timer and don’t have an Alexa nearby, considering using this cool and easy Google Search feature. Like you would typically search for something on Google, input what you would typically say to Alexa or Siri: “set timer for 6 minutes.” You’ll next see an interactive timer. You can start, stop and reset it like you would any timer. You can also click to count time in the other direction and opt for a stopwatch.
This works from any Google search window in any browser not just Chrome – Safari, Edge, Firefox and and even on mobile devices.
Other helpful tips:
- Click the volume icon to mute audible notifications.
- Click within the timer and you can edit it (press Enter when finished).
- If you close the page, Google shows a warning: “Leaving this page will stop your timer.”
- Search term examples: set timer for 10 minutes and 10 seconds, set timer for an hour and a half.
- You can also use shorter queries: timer for 30 seconds, timer 30 seconds, timer 30 sec, timer 3 hours 59 min 59 sec.
- You can also “search” and set timers as alarms: timer 2pm, timer 5:30, timer 2pm tomorrow, timer 2pm Thursday.