Keyboard Shortcuts in Microsoft Teams« Back to Tech Tips
Microsoft Teams gives you a very collaborative workplace. In Teams, you can share files and information and contact your employees through live video conferencing, creating a faster and more efficient work ecosystem in your office.
Teams has become quite popular, with many businesses accessing it due to its never-ending array of features that give it an edge over its competition. To make the most use of any computer software, it helps to know the important keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts are seen as the quickest, most productive use of your time. To view all the keyboard shortcuts possible in Microsoft Teams, hit the Alt key and the forward-slash key simultaneously (Alt-/) in Windows, or Option and the forward-slash (Option-/) on a Mac.
Here’s a short guide to the most important keyboard shortcuts of Microsoft Teams:
- For replying to a chat in the Teams app, directly press the R key on your keyboard.
- When needed, quickly attach a file to a message by hitting Alt-A in Windows, or if you are a Mac user, press Option-A.
- Use Ctrl + Shift + M to mute or unmute yourself during a live online meeting session.
- Use Ctrl + Shift + O to turn your camera on or off during a live call.
- Use Ctrl + N to start a new chat.
- Use the Up arrow key to edit the last message you sent to the chat.
- Use Ctrl + O to select a file you want to attach and send to your chat.
- Use Ctrl + 1+ 2 + 3 to use the command to navigate in your left navigation rail. Ctrl + 1 to check activity feed, Ctrl +2 to check the Chat, and Ctrl + 3 to check the Teams navigation rail.
- Use Ctrl + E to call up a search bar at the top of the app to quickly find conversations, files, and more.
- Use Ctrl + / to check all of the available shortcuts allowing you to move around to various destinations in the Teams app, access needed content, and change your current status.
- Use a symbol colon (:) symbol right before a word you typed in your message to uncover emojis related to this word and use them accordingly.