Outlook for Windows: Email Templates Can Help Save Time« Back to Tech Tips
For those emails you send often, such as status reports or reminders of due invoices, you can save the email as a template to save time for the next one.
- Create a new email message in Outlook
- Enter all the components you want to reuse in the template such as the recipients, subject, body, signature, etc)
- Go to File > Save As
- Enter a name for your template in the File name: input box
- Below that field under Save as type: chose Outlook Template (Outlook will automatically select the “Templates” folder for saving – leave it there)
- Click Save and either send the email if you would like or click No when prompted to save it as a draft.
To use the template:
New Items > Choose Form… > “User Templates in File System” > browse for the template you saved.
For more details and tips visit this Microsoft Support page.« Back to Tech Tips