Trimming Video’s on Your iPhone or iPad« Back to Tech Tips
Have a great video you want to share but it’s too long or too big? Give it a trim! Trimming videos on your iPhone couldn’t be any easier – it’s built right into the Photo’s (and video) app. Here’s how:
- Open the video you want to edit while in the Photos app.
- In the upper right corner tap the Edit button.
- A slider reel of the video will appear below it. You can slide your finger left and right to review the video. To engage the trim function, hold the white “handles” on the ends, the border around the slider will turn yellow to indicate it’s in trim mode. Drag the handles left or right to make the video clip you want.
- To preview your video, tap the arrow between the Cancel and Done button.
- When ready, tap Done, then chose to either “Trim Original” or “Save as New Clip”.