The Florida Bar
The Vote’s in YOUR COURT - Judicial Merit Retention
|On This Page|
Videos: Guide for Florida Voters, Judges & Judicial Elections
The 2016 Guide for Florida Voters: Questions and Answers about Florida Judges, Judicial Elections and Merit Retention has answers to questions such as:
- What is the difference between a county and circuit court judge and an appellate judge?
- Why is it important to vote in judicial elections and merit retention elections?
- What exactly does a judge do?
- In the upcoming general election, why am I being asked to vote "yes" or "no" on some District Court of Appeal judges? (Video YouTube 58 sec.)
- On the merit retention questions, what do "yes" and "no' votes mean and are there opponents in these elections? (Video YouTube 33 sec.)
- How did Florida decide to use the merit retention election system and where can I learn more about it? (Video YouTube 1:08 min.)
Florida Supreme Court and Appellate Courts decisions
Learn more about the opinions handed down by the Florida Supreme Court and the state's five appellate courts:
- Florida Supreme Court decisions
- 1st District Court of Appeal decisions
- 2nd District Court of Appeal decisions
- 3rd District Court of Appeal decisions
- 4th District Court of Appeal decisions
- 5th District Court of Appeal decisions
- The Florida Division of Elections has information about candidates, election laws and more.
- Sources of authority and guidance regarding political activity by judges and judicial campaigns
- Frequently Asked Questions on Merit Retention
|Merit Retention Election/2016|
Videos: Merit selection and Retention