The Florida Bar
The Vote’s in YOUR COURT - Fourth DCA Biographies
|Fourth District Court of Appeal|
Judge Burton C. Conner
|Appointed in March 2011, Burton Conner is an Appellate Judge for Fourth District Court of Appeal and has also served on the Supreme Court Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution Rules and Policy since 2001.|
- In 1977 Judge Burton C. Conner graduated from University of Florida with his J.D. Degree. Prior to 1977 he received his B.A. Degree from Duke University.
- His community boards and activities include St. Lucie County Executive Round Table, Children's Shared Services Network; St. Lucie County Children's Services Council; Exchange Club CASTLE (for the Prevention of Child Abuse); Okeechobee Non-Profit Housing, Inc; and Hospice of Okeechobee, Inc.
- He has been awarded with the St. Lucie County Boys and Girls Club Man of the Year Award, and the William E. Gladstone Child Advocacy Award in 2010.
Judge Carole Y. Taylor
|Judge Carole Y. Taylor is currently a member of The North Carolina Bar and The Florida Bar. Previously she was a member of the Federal Courts in Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina and Northern and Southern Districts of Florida.|
- In 1971 she graduated with a B.A. from the University of North Carolina. Then in 1974 she graduated with a J.D. from the University of North Carolina Law School.
- She has served her community through various civic activities including Broward County Community Development Division Planning Project Review Committee, Palm Beach Gardens Elementary School Student Advisory Committee, and the Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Clubs of Broward County.
- Judge Carole Y. Taylor was inducted into the Broward County Women's Hall of Fame in 1999.