Bar launches renovated COVID-19 information and resource webpage
One of the first priorities of the Bar’s COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Task Force is complete with the launch of the Bar’s redesigned COVID-19 information and resource webpage.
The new page features videos and links to the latest news, member resources, free CLEs, court orders, consumer resources, and national and local lawyer groups. The site also provides a wealth of mental health and wellness resources, including easy access to the Bar’s new Florida Lawyers Helpline, a free and confidential service that connects members with professional counselors. (1-833-FL1-WELL)
The comprehensive COVID-19 webpage will be continuously updated whenever new information becomes available.
“I think you’ll be pleased with it,” said Bar President-elect Michael Tanner, who chairs the recovery task force. “It’s got a lot of information on it.”
Here’s a look at the changes:
• A new sidebar with the latest articles related to the pandemic from The Florida Bar News. When the News posts a new pandemic related article, it automatically will appear in this area.
• A revised member resources tab that prominently features free CLEs posted on LegalFuel.com, which also has embedded the Bar sections’ CLEs regarding COVID-19 on its site so that there is easy access to a complete and searchable listing.
• A new Opportunities for Lawyers section highlighting the Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service and other attorney employment resources, such as the position available classifieds from the News and The Florida Bar Career Center. There is also a link to the Lawyers Advising Lawyers program.
• A revised Court Orders/Links tab with links to the Florida Supreme Court’s COVID-19 emergency webpage that serves as a clearinghouse for statewide administrative court orders, advisories, and memos. The page also includes links to Florida’s trial courts and district courts of appeal websites for additional information about local court operations and orders.
• A new Bar/Legal Groups tab that includes links to the ABA Coronavirus Task Force webpage for a national source of information, as well as The Florida Bar sections’ COVID-19 resources and upcoming webinars. This tab also links to pandemic information from the American Board of Trial Advocates, The Florida Bar Foundation, and the state’s various regional and voluntary bar associations.
• A New Medical Information tab includes links to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Florida Department of Health, and COVID-19 statistical and vaccine-related information to keep Florida lawyers more informed.